First Service

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Did first engine oil/filter at 22 hours.

My first diesel, but having a Harley, I know the oil looks worse, and takes a beating, on those engines (Harley oil should be diesel approved). I like to get that break-in oil out sooner than later.

Went with Shell Rotella 15-40, but Kubota filter. After comparing Kubota filter with Fram cross reference I bought, I will stick with Kubota filters. Just seemed better built than the Fram.

When MMM comes off in the fall, HST oil will be changed. Definitely K filter and SUDT2.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Rotella is good stuff. Good call on the Kubota filter. I wouldn't use Fram on any of my stuff. Also good call on using SUDT2 when time comes!

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
I just did first service on my BX25 yesterday. The 50 hr interval. I used Kubota 10W40 and Kubota filter in the engine. Replaced HST filter with Kubota and topped off HST fluid with SuperUD2. I cleaned strainer which in my opinion is important to do after seeing the filings and slurry-like deposits all over it.

I use RotellaT in my Cummins dsl and have heard only good things about it. I have not had any issues using it and it seems to hold up. That said, I opted to go with strictly Kubota oil because we're talking only 3.3 quarts and they manufacture the engine so I'd hope their stuff matches up.