First post. Looking for good dealer in the Northeast.

CTinCT

Apr 29, 2020
Prospect, CT. USA
Hello forum. I have decided that after a lifetime of dealing with old junk it's time for a new machine. I would really like an enclosed cab but I'm struggling to justify the cost. I'm now leaning towards a new L2501. Is there any particular dealer you like dealing with in the NY/New England area? THX

fast*st

Equipment
M7040, L2900, F550 ford, Yanmar vio70 excavator, Case 580, JD 350 dozer, JD 644E
Jun 26, 2012
Northern Mass
Well NH has chappell tractor, they've been good but its a long way from CT, hopefully you find something closer.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
F&W is in orange. Only bought some parts from them in the past. They seem to have a decent bit of inventory on the lot.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I like Kahn's in N. Franklin, CT, but that's almost 60 miles from you

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Hello forum. I have decided that after a lifetime of dealing with old junk it's time for a new machine. I would really like an enclosed cab but I'm struggling to justify the cost. I'm now leaning towards a new L2501. Is there any particular dealer you like dealing with in the NY/New England area? THX
I can't name a dealer for you but would offer one bit of advice on the cab. Get one. If you already want one, the desire will get stronger as Summers get hotter, Winters get colder and you get older. I should have taken that plunge earlier than I did.

eliot3b4

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Nov 7, 2019
Eliot, Maine
Well NH has chappell tractor, they've been good but its a long way from CT, hopefully you find something closer.
I highly recommend Chappell Tractor. A good company that will be there to service your tractor long after the sale has been made.:)

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I agree that if you're thinking about a cab you'll regret not getting one. I wanted a cab back in 2002, but the Kubota model that had a factory cab option was one tractor larger than what I thought I needed. Big mistake in not getting a cab tractor back then!

4 years ago I got my cab tractor, and it is a joy to operate in any weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
I went through the same search not that long ago. In the end I bought "slightly" used (70 hours).

Here are some things to consider:
Dealers in the North East seem adverse to offering much in the way of discounts (beyond the factory programs). They also add on a freight charge (it has to get to the dealer somehow), and in most cases dealer set up and prep. On top of that, they will charge sales tax. Chappel won't charge tax (if you pick up the tractor in New Hampshire). If you take advantage of Kubota financing, you will have to insure the tractor through Kubota ( and that is fairly costly). In the end I bought a B2650 with ROP for $17,000.00 delivered to my home. It came equipped with a MMM, loader, rear wheel spacers, and a block heater. The seller is located in Suffield, CT. He seems to be in the business of buying and selling used Kubotas. I am pretty cynical about re-sellers, but this one was ok to deal with. Wouldn't budge on his price but seemed to be honest.

Good luck with you search!