First impressions of Everything Attachments' 84" Land Leveler and teaching my girlfriend how to run the MX6000.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
My girlfriend wanted to learn how to use the MX and I wanted to test the new Everything Attachments Land Leveler on the common gravel driveway so what better way to do both than to have her run up and down the driveway a few times. She did an excellent job, both learning the tractor and improving the driveway.

We're trying to knock down the center crown before levelling the driveway for upcoming snow plowing. She looks good wearing a Kubota beanie too! 😊

tracy_kubota.jpg

land_leveler_05.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Have her lower the FEL. No need to have that weight up in the air. Sorry to be the safety Nutzi... I know it was a flat road but if she turned around and hit a sidehill or a drop off....
No apology required and thanks for the suggestion. I raised the FEL without thinking about the possibilities that you mentioned. I'm still learning a lot about using a tractor and still have a lot more to learn. Her safety is paramount so I'll make sure that she lowers the FEL next time.

Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Better hang on to that young lady! :love:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The land plane looks to be working very well. I keep thinking I need one, but just can't get it past the finance committee.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The land plane looks to be working very well. I keep thinking I need one, but just can't get it past the finance committee.
I'm not sure if it's set up optimally for what we're trying to do but after spending the better part of six hours this past spring trying to get it decent using a rear blade, this implement is way better. We didn't end up with tons of gravel where we don't need it and there's none of the constant correcting where you push the gravel in one area and then have to push a bunch of it back to another area.

I think it's going to be the perfect tool for gravel driveway maintenance. I realize that many know this already but I'm just learning it for myself. I ordered the model with scarifiers because it's better to have and not need vs. not have.

winesalot

Jul 14, 2016
Chelan, WA
Some unsolicited advice....lol

When I am first getting after a driveway I drop the rippers and tip the land plane forward a bit so the rear blade is out of play. After a few passes you have broken up the compact gravel a few inches deep. Then raise the rippers and adjust the land plane so it rides perfectly flat after it is loaded up with gravel. This will give you what amount to a brand new driveway. Over the next few years you can skip the ripper step until you start seeing potholes develop.

Cheers

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Some unsolicited advice....lol

When I am first getting after a driveway I drop the rippers and tip the land plane forward a bit so the rear blade is out of play. After a few passes you have broken up the compact gravel a few inches deep. Then raise the rippers and adjust the land plane so it rides perfectly flat after it is loaded up with gravel. This will give you what amount to a brand new driveway. Over the next few years you can skip the ripper step until you start seeing potholes develop.

Cheers
Thanks for sharing that. I'll most likely try that approach if we continue to have warmer temps and rain since the ground will be softer. If we get into a freeze I'll have to wait until the spring.

jimr63

Equipment
M5-091HDC, L47TLB, L4701F, ZD1211-72, GR2120-54, RTV-X1140
Jun 24, 2015
SOMD
My experience…if it’s wet or you have have too much running over the top while running it flat like I do often, I’ll make a final pass with just the rear blade riding over the ground to make it perfectly smooth and taking the ripples out. If that makes sense.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Thats some beautiful country. And a job well done on the driveway. Seems like the perfect implement.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Fwiw, I never use the scarifiers on our gravel road or my driveway. It's unnecessary and requires a lot more work to get the road back in shape according to all I've heard. You want it to be packed hard.

Fwiw, that was the recommendation from the guy who dropped mine off from the dealer. He was dead right. One thing you'll notice is that you only need to loosen the top layer a bit. Then, driving when it is a little wet will make it harden. It feels done once the tractor is riding smooth over it without any bouncing.

I've been maintaining our "unmaintained by the county" up to the house of the other guy's house who works on the road. More times a little bit of time in between makes a big improvement compared to more passes in one day. In other words, a couple of passes in one day from each direction repeating in a week or two is better than a lot of passes in one day. You want the vehicles to pack it down if you have fines. If I had a roller, I guess I could pack it, but the vehicles do a good job in a day or two.

DL222

Oct 27, 2021
Alabama
I did not do a lot of research on land levelers before getting this one. All it has written on it is "Land Leveler" so I don't know anything about it. I was wondering why the blades are different from some of the others I see?

Attachments

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Fwiw, I never use the scarifiers on our gravel road or my driveway. It's unnecessary and requires a lot more work to get the road back in shape according to all I've heard. You want it to be packed hard.

Fwiw, that was the recommendation from the guy who dropped mine off from the dealer. He was dead right. One thing you'll notice is that you only need to loosen the top layer a bit. Then, driving when it is a little wet will make it harden. It feels done once the tractor is riding smooth over it without any bouncing.

I've been maintaining our "unmaintained by the county" up to the house of the other guy's house who works on the road. More times a little bit of time in between makes a big improvement compared to more passes in one day. In other words, a couple of passes in one day from each direction repeating in a week or two is better than a lot of passes in one day. You want the vehicles to pack it down if you have fines. If I had a roller, I guess I could pack it, but the vehicles do a good job in a day or two.
@jimh406, a roller would be an awesome attachment to have. I haven't looked into them at all but I bet they're pricey.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I did not do a lot of research on land levelers before getting this one. All it has written on it is "Land Leveler" so I don't know anything about it. I was wondering why the blades are different from some of the others I see?
I don't know what to tell you other than most that I've seen have the cutting edges parallel. Are you pleased with how your model works? Everything Attachments has some information on their website explaining why they changed the angle of the cutting edges relative to the direction of travel (compared to other models) but I didn't buy their model for that reason.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
@jimh406, a roller would be an awesome attachment to have. I haven't looked into them at all but I bet they're pricey.
It would be, but assuming your base is like mine, it will pack down in a couple of days. Even my driveway does. But, if you run scarifiers, it's whole different level.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Wow that’s one long driveway
That's about 1/3 of the driveway. The gravel part is about 180 yards long, and the asphalt section is close to 175 yards or so.