First CUT LX2610 HSD

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Just returned from the local Kubota Dealer after placing an order for an LX2610 with stuff.

Dealer advising that it might be a while before I get what I'm hoping for; he showed me a 'list' of unfilled tractor orders, now I'm 17th on the list! :oops:

The oldest order is 9 months old (number 1 on the list). The dealership lot was pretty empty, but there were a few LX2610's there & I got to drive one around (LX2610SU).

I selected some options including: 535 loader, 60" SSQA bucket, BH77 backhoe (16" bucket included), mechanical thumb kit, Kubota 1-3/8" wheel spacers, R14 tires (larger size), 3rd function hydraulics up front, block heater, rear tires filled, KTAC insurance and a Land Pride 60" grapple.

I skipped on the Swift-Tach, and the single-point hydraulics attachment device. I don't anticipate taking the loader off very often (if at all).

So, I'm 'on the list'. Time will tell how things go, but I'm glad I started the process. Looking forward to sharing info here on my tractor usage, let's hope that's sooner rather than later!;)

Reactions: 5 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Welcome to OTT. Nice spec list you have there. Looks like you got the important stuff for broad functionality. Hope you see it soon (unlikely but who knows). I don’t have the Swift-Tach or single lever hydraulic disconnect on mine. After removing and reconnecting a few times it’s 5 minutes on, 5 minutes off taking my time and being careful. That’s plenty quick enough for me.

Reactions: 1 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
If you don’t mind the wait then have at it but did you call to other dealers that are a bit less local? They may not have everything you want but might have the tractor, loader and backhoe ready to go. It seems that some areas are barren and others have a ton of stock.

Good luck and congrats either way.

Last edited:

jkrubi12

Equipment
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Thanks for the reply; I did not call or visit any other dealers. I figured that the dealer I chose (nine regional stores) would have it in stock somewhere and be able to transfer it to my local store. Nope!

I was told that they are 'being made' so I'm in for a wait. It seems that the real problem is the backhoe, there's none anywhere according to this dealer.

I think that my chosen dealer is a good choice; I got a tour of the facility including the service area. Looked pretty good to me, and the dealer has been there for years.

One thing I learned is that beet juice is not the preferred (or offered) weight fluid for tires, here it's some kind of calcium chlorate or something like that.

One of my options that I had thought about was the block heater, I was considering deleting that option. Anyone have thoughts on this? I have a diesel pickup that I rarely plug in (although I did buy the block heater cord for the engine for it) and observing the Kubota block heater element, man that thing is tiny.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Thanks for the reply; I did not call or visit any other dealers. I figured that the dealer I chose (nine regional stores) would have it in stock somewhere and be able to transfer it to my local store. Nope!

I was told that they are 'being made' so I'm in for a wait. It seems that the real problem is the backhoe, there's none anywhere according to this dealer.

I think that my chosen dealer is a good choice; I got a tour of the facility including the service area. Looked pretty good to me, and the dealer has been there for years.

One thing I learned is that beet juice is not the preferred (or offered) weight fluid for tires, here it's some kind of calcium chlorate or something like that.

One of my options that I had thought about was the block heater, I was considering deleting that option. Anyone have thoughts on this? I have a diesel pickup that I rarely plug in (although I did buy the block heater cord for the engine for it) and observing the Kubota block heater element, man that thing is tiny.
I don’t have filled tires but would not under any circumstances use calcium chlorate. Eventually it will cause corrosion to your rims. Beet juice would be the way to go to avoid that issue……olis I think it weighs more per gallon.

If you are where it freezes the block heater is a cheap add on (I think I paid $70) to save some wear and tear. No brainer IMO. It is tiny but the motor itself isn’t huge either. Plugging it in a few hours before use is plenty.

FreezinGator

Equipment
BX1500 LA181 FEL 48MMM Back blade
Jul 10, 2020
Upstate NY
I am in central NY and I really like the block heater. I had the tractor for a season before I installed the heater and it def makes a difference. An hour with the block heater on combined with the battery tender and my machine fires right up. It also helps get to operating temp quicker which is healthier for the tractor in the long run. If your machine will sit for a while between uses an onboard hookup for a battery tender is a good idea to keep it charged and extend the life of the battery. Hope you don't have to wait too long to have some fun with the new tractor. :cool:

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
+1 on the absolutely not for calcium chlorate - it is a strong oxidizer and will probably kill off your vegetation too if you spring a leak. Go with beet juice or if you can afford it, foam filled.

Congrats on the LX2610, I'd also recommend looking around while you wait to see if you can snag one in stock. I searched outside of my immediate area and found a dealer with two units crated in the back and put down a deposit for one. I am jealous of the backhoe - one of these days, when my wallet recovers, I'll locate one to add on when the need outweighs the want.

Welcome!

jkrubi12

Equipment
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Thanks to those who advised on the calcium chlorate; I am not really sure if that's the substance they are using for fill, the name of the stuff was mentioned but I didn't write it down. I'll try to find out what the stuff actually is.

I stated 'beet juice' and was told that they 'don't use' that stuff and mentioned the other stuff, which I thought was calcium chlorate. Could be another calcium-based mixture though, I just can't remember.

Great idea on the battery tender!(y)

Reactions: 1 user

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Does rim-guard sound familiar? I know when I ordered my LX2610(first way in my area) the backhoe was 8 months out. Also the wheel spacers and the backhoe are not a recommended combination(I did it anyways((2inch)). I would recommend you check out BXpanded for a piranha blade as it really helps dig into the soil. My dealership allowed me to take the tractor and bring it back for the backhoe. Also bought a radio off amazon that's plug-n-play. Also did you get the mid PTO?

jkrubi12

Equipment
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Yes I did get the mid PTO, no immediate need but certainly nice to have, should add to potential resale appeal.

I declined to go for the LX2610SU (even though it's an awesome package) b/c I wanted the nicer seat, mid PTO, etc. IIRC the difference in price was around $1K.

In all my research I only discovered tire fill utilizing 'Rim Guard', which I believe is a beet juice mixture. Based on the dealer's response I was convinced that their selected material was entirely suitable.

As far as the wheel spacers, I chose them for stability & increased safety against overturning, in addition to the fact that I ordered larger tires. I never considered the conflict with the backhoe, never heard or read of any such recommendation, although it does make sense. Adding spacers must increase leverage torque on the axle shaft; I assumed that since the spacers were Kubota brand (1-3/8" ea) they would be 'engineered' into the system. I'll look into the backhoe/spacer issue further, thanks for that heads up! (y)

I also understand that my choice of tire places a limitation on MMM installation, but that was not a desired task for this equipment. I felt the big tires would be an advantage in the loamy, muddy, rocky terrain I'll be in with this machine.

Thanks to all for the excellent info & recc's! :)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It is funny , some dealers have nothing others have a lot full,, the local dealer has a pretty good offering, down in the staging area behind the store

enriquesonora

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 66" bucket, BB1266...
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
I just put an order in for an LX2610SU and getting the same, "...don't know when it will be ready and no inventory at this local dealer in Southern AZ, however, Their parent dealership in Phoenix looks like it has stock and boosts its Instagram customers who say, "I just walked in this week and picked up this new tractor, yada yada." IDK, I guess I make a trip up to the Valley and find one.

e dogg

Premium Member

Equipment
B2650 LA534 BH77
Sep 11, 2022
Atlanta GA
Local dealers in GA all told us that adding BH77 can add 9+ months to the wait for an LX. We ended up getting a used B2650 with a backhoe instead, holes need to be made now!

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Just a thought. Depending on how much you plan on using the backhoe. Along with how long it takes to get one. Have you considered hiring the job you plan for the backhoe out? Or renting a mini-ex?
If it's for digging out stumps have you considered getting a stump grinder instead? Woodland Mills WG24 is a good one. I have had great luck with mine. Also if your paying cash or using outside financing look into the equine discount. I got 17+% off MSRP with that discount on mine.

e dogg

Premium Member

Equipment
B2650 LA534 BH77
Sep 11, 2022
Atlanta GA
I have a big koi pond to dig, and some misc trenching will come up every few months, so I prefer to own instead of rent. Where I live the rental market is iffy, ive had places cancel reservations several times.