finished winter project

Devypower

Feb 23, 2011
Kalamazoo, Michigan
well fellas i have not posted in quite some time but i just finished a project i wanted to share with you. i am pretty excited about this one. i built a small lift in my garage that i can either use inside or out in the driveway, it will lift my b7100 (loader and all) up to where the bottom of the tires are a full 53" off the ground. so far it will lift the Kubota, an exmark 72" z turn mower that weighs in at 1550lbs, golf cart and even snowmobile. i built it this winter and it took some doing but got it done. it is 8' wide 10' long and 60" tall. i used an electric motor with 650 ft pounds of torque and had to put hydraulic motorcycle brakes on it to slow the drop on it.

Attachments

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Always wanted one of those! Very nice. Lying on your back on the cold concrete gets old fast.

Devypower

Feb 23, 2011
Kalamazoo, Michigan
i will try to get a video up soon, it makes any kind of work a ton easier. my son seems to think it will lift his civic but i told him he better not even try. that might get a little harry. i think it will lift around 2000 pounds safely,

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Safety stops. Must have a anti- collapse feature. My drive on hoist has two sets, in case of cable failure, it will only drop afew inches.