Finding a pto engagement electrical connector for mx5400hst

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
So part #HHT1K-91103

So the part you ordered is the entire wiring harness or just the pigtail connector that plugs into the PTO solenoid?
It’s a pigtail connector that plugs into the pto solenoid. It costs about $85, which is ridiculously high but no other option besides paying $1300 for a new harness or trying to repair the current one. I had done a temp repair already with tape and it worked for awhile but I do some aggressive mowing with my tractor on a hill so it pulled out the taped wire again.

I will probably look at a way to protect it better when the new pigtail comes in

Reactions: 1 user

Wayne G

Equipment
MX5400
Mar 31, 2024
Jefferson TX
It’s a pigtail connector that plugs into the pto solenoid. It costs about $85, which is ridiculously high but no other option besides paying $1300 for a new harness or trying to repair the current one. I had done a temp repair already with tape and it worked for awhile but I do some aggressive mowing with my tractor on a hill so it pulled out the taped wire again.

I will probably look at a way to protect it better when the new pigtail comes in
Thanks, Motate. That part should only cost about $15-$20 but they've got us by the ---- so I guess I'll order one ,too.

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
I just picked it up today and it looks correct, except it has two wires instead of one but that’s not an issue.
Once the rain stops I’ll wire it up and confirm.
Cost $86 without tax since I’m exempt.

Attachments

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
Success! Wired it up and pto is turning and the warning light is off.
Thanks again to all the people who helped track this down, especially getting the specific Kubota part number so I could order it easily

Reactions: 1 users

Wayne G

Equipment
MX5400
Mar 31, 2024
Jefferson TX
Success! Wired it up and pto is turning and the warning light is off.
Thanks again to all the people who helped track this down, especially getting the specific Kubota part number so I could order it easily
Well, I ordered part #HHT1A-91103 and as you would imagine it was the wrong part! I'll go back and order HHT1K-91103. Glad to know you have the right part.