Find it pretty amazing

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Amazing just how many old Kubota's are still out there plugging along and getting rebuilt and plugging some more.

Guess I should have kept my first one, the B7100 HST I had way back when.

Pretty neat really. Just enforces my opinion that Kubota Tractors are lifetime units.

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
Amazing just how many old Kubota's are still out there plugging along and getting rebuilt and plugging some more.

Guess I should have kept my first one, the B7100 HST I had way back when.

Pretty neat really. Just enforces my opinion that Kubota Tractors are lifetime units.
If I find a little excavator cheap enough, I'll start my collection. I could not justify the extra on my recent purchase. I guess 1 orange machine isn't a collection. I do have an orange push mower, but it's a Husqvarana, I reckon that one don't count.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

1980s L345DT, never had a rebuild as far as i can tell and just over 1000 hours. Pretty reliable machine.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
My 1977, B7100 has been a pretty amazing tractor for it's size. Granted I have only owned it for the last 5 years. Had to have the clutch replaced a couple of years ago. Other than that, I think it is incredible what I can do with it.

I used it exclusively on our hunting land, pulling a 48" cutter, working food plots, hauling dirt, etc...

Attachments

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My 1977, B7100 has been a pretty amazing tractor for it's size. Granted I have only owned it for the last 5 years. Had to have the clutch replaced a couple of years ago. Other than that, I think it is incredible what I can do with it
I used it exclusively on our hunting land, pulling a 48" cutter, working food plots, hauling dirt, etc...
Ditto! My 1979 B7100 has 1430+ hrs, no rebuild, gonna need a clutch one of these days, but it is workin' little beast. It has done everything I've asked of it, and that's a lot.

Attachments

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Ditto! My 1979 B7100 has 1430+ hrs, no rebuild, gonna need a clutch one of these days, but it is workin' little beast. It has done everything I've asked of it, and that's a lot.
Nice set up with the accessories, Bill!! A backhoe sure would come in handy for me! That's a great place to mount a fire extinguisher. I have been wanting to carry one on my tractor.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Should have kept my 7100 HST. It had a backhoe as well as the front loader. Many trades ago and kept getting bigger and bigger.

I think I'm at the end of the line now with a pair of M9000's.

Besides, really cannot afford to go bigger on a somewhat fixed income. Payment would kill me and I cannot part with either of the 2 I have presently.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Nice set up with the accessories, Bill!! A backhoe should would come in handy for me! That's a great place to mount a fire extinguisher. I have been wanting to carry one on my tractor.
Thanks! When I decided to mount an extinguisher, I found the holes on the bracket on the back of the seat lined right up with the extinguisher mount. Easy.
Yeah, it might be the most accessorized B7100 out there; it came with the FEL & BH with (2) buckets, box blade, forks, front blade, spare parts, & fuel cans. I then added ROPS, 920lb roller, rock skid, wheel weights, 3rd BH bucket, Hodge Stabilizers, Piranha Toothbar, and a second BH for parts. (really rough) Can't see ever getting rid of it.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I could never be without my little L1501. With the 3 point hitch and trailer adapter and forks there isnt much i cant move here on my property. Made a 6 foot bar with a trailer coupler on each end, i can push-pull anything with a trailer ball on it. Just unloaded an old fargo off my trailer, couple bar on truck and tractor, put it in crawl gear and step off tractor to steer truck as it rolls off trailer.
Slow and safe.
Then throw forks on and go shuffle some pallets around.
Nothing can replace it for what i have invested.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
While my late model B7100 HST is "only" 23 years old it has been a wonderful little machine . I find the quality quite amazing.
Purchase with 799 hours I am now at close to 1300. It has never left me stranded out in the field however the Radiator was replaced, the seat, and the bearings in the dynamo.
This little workhorse pulls a back blade, 4 foot rotary cutter, box blade, landscape rake and drives a 50 inch front mount snowblower. I have also used a disc, pull behind seeder.

Attachments

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Mine is just a little BX1860 but I have done so much work with it that I cannot even believe how it has performed. So far, I have moved more than 68 tons of rocks in my yard and dumped them in an old drainage ditch on the back of my property. That did not happen overnight of course. That is what I moved in the last 7 years but I expect that this tractor will more double that in the coming years.

I have used this tractor to dig the holes for planting approximately 300 trees on my property. I used it to plow and til my wife's gardens and to grade my driveway. I use it to mow the whole 5 acre yard every week and to fertilize the orchard as well as spraying to control insects and pests in the orchard and gardens.

When I bought my tractor in 2013 I never envisioned using it as much as I am now. If I knew what I know now I probably would have gone with a B model instead of the BX that I have. I cannot do as much work as a larger tractor in the same time that a larger tractor can but I can still do as much work as the larger ones. It just takes more time, and since I am retired, time is not a problem. I figure if The Lord waits to call me after my work is finished on this property, I will be immortal.

I have more than 1500 hours on my tractor and it has had very few problems. The only problems that I have had were a broken fan belt, a broken front drive shaft rivet, and a few broken mower blade bolts. I have replaced the stock tires with those for a BX2360 and that give me a lot better traction and more ground clearance. I keep the maintenance up to date and the fluids changed on schedule. I am sure that is why it is still running without any major problems. It probably helps that I keep it in my insulated garage.

Taking everything into account, I am so happy that I chose a Kubota over any other brand just because of how durable and flexible it is. If there is a better brand out there, I don't care. I probably will not but another tractor anyway. The only thing that I do seem to buy is more implements for the one I have. Thankfully, the BX models are so popular that one can find pretty much anything that they want or need for these amazing machines.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have had small tractors green red and yellow ones,, this little orange BX 2360 of a piggy surprises me every time I do something a "LITTLE" lawn mower shouldnt do.. Lawnmower they said,,,:D