Finally used my post hole digger to expand my shed

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
Yesterday I finally got to use my post hole digger for the first time on my B2620. Probably a year and a half ago I picked up an old Shaver post hole digger with a 12" auger for $175, cleaned it up and painted it and built a stand for it.

The stand makes it easy to move around and also easy to attach to the tractor.

About 2 years ago I built a 10x14 shed on an old chicken coup foundation that was at the back of our lot, and the B2620 with the front end loader eats up pretty much all that room so its time for some more room for the rear blade, PHD, spare VW and square body parts, etc....

Yesterday my Dad came over to give me a had getting the holes dug and concrete poured and boy are we glad I had the PHD. I don't know how many times I've thought about selling it because it was in my way, but I'm glad I didn't. We dug the holes in about 2 minutes each, and that was taking it easy because I've seen too many pictures of them corkscrewed into the ground and stuck LOL. It took us longer to put the PHD on the tractor than to dig the holes, but about 500X better than digging them by hand our using a 2 man PHD, etc...

Here is a quick video of our 3rd hole. Its a little noisy because the PTO shaft guard is broken and flopping around:

https://youtu.be/hso4IqsygM8

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Re: Finally used my post hold digger to expand my shed

Nicely done, and looks like the addition will help to provide cover for all your accessories. I keep looking for a used PHD just in case I need it as there is always a post needed here or there.

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
Yeah, I looked at buying one, but then I considered how often I would use one. They are great for those few days over the years when one needs to dig post holes, but I fear that I also would find a time when it just gets in the way. Now, if there was a good deal on a used one in my area, different story.

Soooo much easier than the manual method!

Spurlucky

Equipment
Kubota MX5200, loader, Backhoe w, hydraulic thumb
Apr 19, 2015
Berkshire County, MA, USA
I've been putting in a three rail fence at my house a section or two at a time. I borrowed my brother's post hole digger but did not even bother trying it as each hole I dug with the backhoe produced huge rocks that would've stopped the PHD in its tracks. Great implement if you aren't in Berkshire County in western MA.