Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer video!

WichhartAcres

Equipment
Kubota BX23s
Mar 27, 2021
Nebraska
What's up guys? If you are curious about the Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer for your Kubotas check this out!
This isn't a long term review but an assembly/first initial use/impressions of it. I plan on doing a long term update on it.
Let me know what you guys think!

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Nice little rig. My FIL built a 20 gallon unit with the 12v Shur-Flo pump and it ran the battery down faster than the tractor could charge it. He ended up buying a Hypro PTO driven roller pump and has been happy ever since. I have a mini ag-style 55 gallon boomless sprayer with a 2.5 hp Briggs and Stratton & roller pump combo that I pull around with my garden tractor. Not a fan of the Shur-Flo 12v unit for continuous use. Maybe ok for spot spraying.

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
I have the same Fimco. Use it on a BX2680, takes around 2.5 hours to spray the pasture and both yards, no issues with the battery so far. Only problem is the thing holds way too much for our property, and we end up with a lot of leftover mix we have to figure out how to use or dump in the driveway. God forbid we mix less based on knowing me dump a lot every time we spray.

WichhartAcres

Equipment
Kubota BX23s
Mar 27, 2021
Nebraska
Nice little rig. My FIL built a 20 gallon unit with the 12v Shur-Flo pump and it ran the battery down faster than the tractor could charge it. He ended up buying a Hypro PTO driven roller pump and has been happy ever since. I have a mini ag-style 55 gallon boomless sprayer with a 2.5 hp Briggs and Stratton & roller pump combo that I pull around with my garden tractor. Not a fan of the Shur-Flo 12v unit for continuous use. Maybe ok for spot spraying.
I think the Hydro pump would be nice for more gpm's. I may look into that someday when this pump fails me.

WichhartAcres

Equipment
Kubota BX23s
Mar 27, 2021
Nebraska
I have the same Fimco. Use it on a BX2680, takes around 2.5 hours to spray the pasture and both yards, no issues with the battery so far. Only problem is the thing holds way too much for our property, and we end up with a lot of leftover mix we have to figure out how to use or dump in the driveway. God forbid we mix less based on knowing me dump a lot every time we spray.
I think it will be perfect for the 4 acres that I will spray! Lol its hard to get that mixture right. I do have a gripe about the size of the drain and the location of the drain hole. It could be double maybe triple its size. I had a bunch of water left in the tank at the end of my video and was draining it and was surprised how long it took. (Maybe I need to be more patient. : ) )

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Stupid question. What do you spray with this ? I live on 2 1/2 acres in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, PA and have never sprayed anything. It does seem to work well.

joearizona

Equipment
B2650 W/LA534 Loader & BB1260 Box Scraper, 48" Pallet forks, 72" Rake
Apr 24, 2019
Hidden Valley, Arizona
I use the 40 Gal unit. it has been great I have been using it for two years now, I just run fresh water threw it when I done.

100AkerWood

Equipment
2021 Kubota MX5400 1973 Kubota B6000 1979 MF245 J-Bar Grapple, Rake & Blade
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
I rigged mine up for quick hitch hook up. I watched a lot of videos and found that the main problem with the 40 gal tank was for those who used the tank bolts to hold it to the frame.

I used several layers of plumbers pipe tape to create anti skid pad and used the SS straps to hold the tank to the frame.

I have sprayed 8 acres of hardwoods, and will be spraying 15 acres of clover food plots.

For the price, it was a good deal at TSC. I made a boomless sprayer to swap out so I can burn back/hit woods roads with glyphosate.

Reactions: 1 user