FEL won’t curl

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
So I removed my front end snowblower today and hooked up the FEL. For some reason, the curl function wont work. It’s a bit odd. if I pull the lever left it dumps. If I push the lever right it dumps. If I go right past the detent to the right (pos 2) it will curl. The up and down function seems fine.

Everything is color coded, so there shouldn’t be an issue there. The loader worked fine prior. This is the tractor I had a new HST put in at the dealer. I can’t imagine there something they did that would cause this. I put the blower on first thing after getting the tractor back. Is there anything I should look at first?

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
Well long story short, it turns out at some point the blue and red caps on the tractor were switched. I’m thinking this may have happened at the dealer when they changed the HST, but not 100 percent sure. I thought of this earlier and switched them, but I must not have had the coupler fully engaged as the FEL didn’t operate correctly then either. I was looking at the manual and it noted the color of each coupler and I noticed mine were switched. So I tried one more time and must have fully seated the coupler and presto. It works like it should.

I’m still not sure why when they were reversed, the 1st position to the right didn’t work to curl the bucket, it just dumped. But would curl if put into the second position.

I will chalk this one up to lack of sleep and trying to get too many things done at once. At least that’s what I will tell myself so I don’t feel so foolish. :).

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
There are videos of this problem it is so common.... whenever removing/reinstalling FELs... for a complaint to arise of non-operating as-before. Invariably, it is a quick-connector improperly seated or inserted incorrectly.

Glad you resolved it.

Reactions: 1 user

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
There are videos of this problem it is so common.... whenever removing/reinstalling FELs... for a complaint to arise of non-operating as-before. Invariably, it is a quick-connector improperly seated or inserted incorrectly.

Glad you resolved it.
‘Thanks.

I feel foolish. But. I figure if it helps someone else, it’s not all lost.