FEL stuck in air

flogler

Member

Equipment
2017 BX23s
Dec 18, 2019
55
2
8
Debary, FL. USA
Was running the tractor quite a bit with backhoe and FEL. 3 hrs in to it the bucket is stuck in the air. You can hear the hydraulics wanting to do something but nothing happening.Besides taking line loose and making a mess, any other ideas? Its a BX23s. Thanks!!
 

ehenry

Active member

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
363
92
28
Canton, MS
Have you checked all your quick connects? The quick connects on my BX22 will come loose from time to time and cause similar issues. I shut down, work the joystick on all directions and let 3ph all way down and disconnect and reconnect all lines and it generally fixes the issues i'm having at the time.
 

i7win7

Well-known member

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
3,377
3,993
113
Central, IL
Shut tractor off, move joystick to relieve pressure and remove and reattach loader hoses. Was using B2650 in heavy brush. Stick or something pressed on hydraulic coupler release ring. Hose never separated but the internal seals stopped oil flow.
 

flogler

Member

Equipment
2017 BX23s
Dec 18, 2019
55
2
8
Debary, FL. USA
OOps!!!! I had FEL and BH off to mow yard and I guess I didn't lock down quick release. It came up enough not to leak but not enough for pressure either. That was a nice sigh of relief.
 

RCW

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
10,327
7,349
113
Chenango County, NY
Trust me, won't be your last Oops moment...we all do it sometimes.

I had my blower lift on the wrong circuit last fall...didn't work right, and after I re-examined what I did, it was a duhhh moment indeed!:eek:

Glad you got it figured out, and thanks for reporting the fix!