FEL Hydro PROBLEM????????

DennisDarrow

Equipment
B7610, RTV 900
Mar 17, 2014
Sugar Valley, Georgia
B7610
LA302 Loader

Am moving 2 tandem truck loads of gravel. Everything was working fine for perhaps 8 hours. The hose that controls the curl of the bucket blew. Went to NAPA and got a replacement. Worked another 4 or so hours and perhaps 50 bucket's full moved.

Finished for the day and before parking it, used a car/truck wash brush on a long handle to wash the leaded hydro fluid all over the front end. Included washing the controls, speedo, dash, all I could get to..........

NOW the bucket only goes up half way and when the bucket is placed on the ground and curled one CANNOT lift the front end of the tractor off the ground.........When the bucket is lifted it seems to hit a stop or something. The bucket curls perfectly; but no strength to lift with the bucket itself. Didn't try anything to lift and see if the arms have strength...........

HELP PLEASE..........God bless........Dennis

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
What did you do after putting the new hose on? I assume you "topped off" the hyd. fluid, then...?

I don't know all the things that might cause that behavior, but the obvious suspect after a hydraulic system breach is air in the system. On mine (a B6100), it is pretty easy to get air out when it's only a small amount. I think the best advice I've gotten is to spend several minutes working the cylinders through their full travel.

However, if it's air in yours, it seems that you may have so much air in it that the extend-retract method can't get the air out, or you don't have enough fluid in the reservoir to replace it.

Hopefully some of the gurus will come in from the cold in a few minutes and give some good advice.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Unplug, clean, and then reconnect the four QD's that feed the loader, this cures 90% of the "my loader won't xxx" problems.

I am betting your brush/handle knocked one loose just enough to where it "looks" seated but it's not fully.

DennisDarrow

Equipment
B7610, RTV 900
Mar 17, 2014
Sugar Valley, Georgia
KennyD YOU are a Genius.....Thanks....Took maybe a minute to take off the connectors, blow them off, reconnect and then hold my breath with fingers crossed.........GOD IS GOOD and so are you Kenny......THANKS......Dennis

DennisDarrow

Equipment
B7610, RTV 900
Mar 17, 2014
Sugar Valley, Georgia
Boy oh boy BUD, you have quite the memory. lol...lots more than these ol brain cells can dredge up......YES, for sure I have the hooks worked into the budget for next month actually...From the website; but really all of the good comments by folks in my research of them they seem to be a really great product and for me timely. My schedule for getting logs out of the woods is quickly coming around to having to need those hooks........THANKS......God bless....Dennis

Last edited: