Facebook or twiter?

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I am not a fan of facebook ,Have no use for it,twitter either,never had a myspace page never needed one.
I am a member of this group and a few other topic oriented groups, I personally like it this way because I can come here and read when I want and go about my day, I use email and sell some things on eBay.

I have a home phone a phone in the barn and 1 cell phone for when we travel but I do not keep it on or on me when I am home or out in the yard and even when we travel it is basically for emergencies, We bring it along in case we need it but it is not on and is usually in the console or glovebox. I like my life simple and uncomplicated, Maybe I am old and set in my ways but I just like my away from technology time.
signed
A grumpy old fart:mad::eek::p;):mad::(

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I'm with you on this "a grumpy old fart" ;):D While I am a great fan of technology,Social networking sites are a cheap way of gathering personal information that one day could come back to haunt one..all in my own opinion of course as I said in one of my very early posts.
Dave

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
No facebook or twitter for me. My wife has one and I can't tell you how many hours a day she spends on there. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yep those anti Facebook posts are without a doubt from Old Farts. I love Facebook, I'm 30 years old and its a great way to keep up with friends and family and see how things are going for them. Not to mention its totally free. So if I want to chat with my cousins up in Cananda we can talk and talk and talk for hours and never burn up a single mintue on phone lines. Plus I can see photos of their babies and how their family is coming along. Facebook in no way controls my life I spend maybe an hour and a half to two hours in the evening on Facebook before I had to bed at the end of the day.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Yep those anti Facebook posts are without a doubt from Old Farts....
I spend maybe an hour and a half to two hours in the evening on Facebook before I had to bed at the end of the day.
Sorry to say so, but for me, that is a wast of time. I played onlinegames and wasted also around 2 hours per day. And yes, you get in contact with people and also group up.
But,- if you really want to talk to a friend, call him or even better, visit him. This 500 friends stuff on Facebook is bullshit. Nobody has 500 friends. I have maybe 5-6 friends, some guy's I talk to frequently and the rest are people I know and meet sometimes.
On the other hand, if somebody need to polish his network, to get better opportunities you have to keep in touch with the people.
For most of us, who have no need to take care about our network online, we care personaly. Shaking hands and drink a beer... Oldschool!

carl

ps Danny, how is Idaho? :) We are back, and I try to find the time to get some structur in the photos. Tomorrow I fly to Spain, maybe I can use the evenings... Hope to see you!!

Last edited:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Yeah I like the Facebook thing it gives me the opertunity to talk football, baseball, hockey and other folkes I have met that live way to far away to go and have a beer with. Although one of these days I just may knock on your door during oh maybe Otoberfest ;-)

Idaho is starting to heat up around 90 F or 32 C however you want to look at it it is getting tooooo hot for me.

I am so looking forward to seeing your pictures :)

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Idaho is starting to heat up around 90 F or 32 C however you want to look at it it is getting tooooo hot for me.
32°C is toooo hot. I am in Spain now and luckely at the coast of the atlantic, Port de Son. Very nice 22°C. This morning I will start to repair a Radarstation. If I do it quick, I can make one day of vacation here, because of the flight schedule... :D

carl