F3680 4wd Engagement advice please

arto98607

Equipment
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, JD 440 ICD, JD 300
Aug 24, 2014
Southwest WA State
Hi Matt, sorry to drop off the radar, well I feel a bit dumb, I traced the issue with the rear NO Drive, seems like I am getting power to the drive shaft, but it is spinning in the rear axel, so there must be a spline or bevel gear stripped, any idea what the simplest way to get at the gears to see which one is stripped?

Here is the best advise:

Buy a Kubota WSM for F3680 and follow the detailed instructions how to do it.

Mike Hamilton

Equipment
Kubota 3680,Kubota B2000,John Deere 400,JCB1400B,International 2500A,Massey 35
Oct 11, 2020
Cookstown Ontario Canada
Mike, have you checked the coupler that connects pinion (A) to the drive shaft? Jacked it up and spun the wheels? Is anything moving?
Yes the coupler that connects to "A" is not stripped, when it is jacked up, I turn the wheels and there is no rotation of "A" , I am wanting to pull "A" out, but not sure if it is as simple as removal of the "C clip" (70) or if I am going to get into a whole mess.... I could go from the Axel side, but I think that might be more risky . I just want to diagnose it, but need to get into the assembly to see it....

Revs

Equipment
Kubota F3680
Dec 7, 2021
Australia
The 4wd lever is on your left while sitting on machine. You can see it is the only lever on the far side in picture. The floor pan is easily removed with only a handful of bolts. After removing all pedals and roll bar.
View attachment 49323
Hi Matt,
Nice view with the floor pan off. Can you tell me where the safety switches are located on the F3680.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Hi Matt,
Nice view with the floor pan off. Can you tell me where the safety switches are located on the F3680.
Red is the PTO and yellow is what plugs into the seat. (I have it jumped here so I could move machine to wash.) There is another on the treadle. But it can't be seen in this picture.