F2560 - still causing trouble?Please help!

truszip

Equipment
F2560
Aug 25, 2010
Canada
Hi - I bought a used F2560 last year and within a short time I had a transmission problem. I took the transmission apart to find a bearing had broke. I repaired the transmission - put it all back together, tested it and it worked. But within a short time it started to show hydraulic pressure problems. No forward on anything up hill and under load, and a shuttering and a no go in reverse. I posted on here and it was suggested that the hydraulic pump maybe the culprit - so I took the pump apart. Sure enough the pump's cylinder walls were all scorned with what I believe was from the broken bearing debris inside the transmission at the time. While waiting for the pump - I took the transmission apart again but found nothing obvious to be wrong.
I just replaced the pump - the whine is gone and in forward it runs better, but still no reverse - it just shutters in and out moving very slowly as it goes. The neutral lever adjustment maybe out of whack, I tried adjusting it but to no real avail. The forward/reverse lever is adjusted correctly as per F2560 service manual instructions.
I've replaced all the fluid and the filter and my next step is to drain everything again, blow out all the hydraulic lines, replace the filter again and see if it gets any better.

Any thoughts by anyone what the next step in this diagnoses should be as I am not sure what to do next other than to just shoot the darn thing!
Could it be an adjustment issue somewhere??

Any help/suggestion appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Hi - I bought a used F2560 last year and within a short time I had a transmission problem. I took the transmission apart to find a bearing had broke. I repaired the transmission - put it all back together, tested it and it worked. But within a short time it started to show hydraulic pressure problems. No forward on anything up hill and under load, and a shuttering and a no go in reverse. I posted on here and it was suggested that the hydraulic pump maybe the culprit - so I took the pump apart. Sure enough the pump's cylinder walls were all scorned with what I believe was from the broken bearing debris inside the transmission at the time. While waiting for the pump - I took the transmission apart again but found nothing obvious to be wrong.
I just replaced the pump - the whine is gone and in forward it runs better, but still no reverse - it just shutters in and out moving very slowly as it goes. The neutral lever adjustment maybe out of whack, I tried adjusting it but to no real avail. The forward/reverse lever is adjusted correctly as per F2560 service manual instructions.
I've replaced all the fluid and the filter and my next step is to drain everything again, blow out all the hydraulic lines, replace the filter again and see if it gets any better.

Any thoughts by anyone what the next step in this diagnoses should be as I am not sure what to do next other than to just shoot the darn thing!
Could it be an adjustment issue somewhere??

Any help/suggestion appreciated. Thanks.
My guess is you have a junk of debris stuck in a relief or has scored a valve. That is always the hazard of internal failures as it sends crap through the whole system. Good luck with the fluid and filter changing but I expect it will require a tear down.:eek: JMHO

firejunkie

Equipment
Kubota Mx4700 4w/FEL, Modern Ag cutter,Dirt dog Box blade and Rake, Custom forks
Mar 19, 2011
greenwood, SC
^^^^^
Yup you may still have debries floating around, many times in my line of work, if I have a major internal failure in a Hyraulic system a complete flush of the system, valves, bearings, etc must be cleaned and reassembled, then a refill and purge of the system.

truszip

Equipment
F2560
Aug 25, 2010
Canada
Thanks very much for the responses, okay so another tear down it is then. On a plus side I guess, it's taking less and less time to do so as I'm getting good at it.
By the end of all this - I should be able to do it my sleep :rolleyes: