Extended Warranty ?

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
Do you guys, that have bought NEW Kubota BX tractors, get the extended warranty ? is it worth it ? just one year is $650 n 2 years is $1100 … seems like a lot for a brand new machine that shouldn't have any problems. I know that we don't live in a perfect world, tho.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I didn't bother, though I had them do the 50hr oil/filter changes. Figure if they screw up THEY owe me a new BX23S ! Have <250 hrs on it now( 1 yr old). I don't know what the ext warr. covers but, yeesh I bought Kubota for reliablity. 1st brand new tractor I've ever owned of the 20-30 rides I've had. I know it'll outlive me, just wondering who to will it to .

Jimc3165

Equipment
1982 B7100 HST-D
Jul 22, 2015
CLEVELAND, GA
I purchased a new M4900 in 2004 the only issue I ever had with it was a dead battery and that was my fault. I asked around when I purchased it and I was told a parts house would go broke selling parts for Kubota.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
On a new $265,000 big truck with troublesome emission systems I but extended warranty, but not on these small Kubota's.
I didn't think it was worth it. I mean, sure there is the possibility of a lemon, but these small Kubota's are generally problem free. Any issues I have ever seen can be paid for with less money then you spend on the warranty.
Just my opinion.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I never did either but, and I say but, with the new ones and the emissions stuff, I might. Having said that I did extend the warranty on my automobile. Not an aftermarket warranty but extended factory warranty and I did that because of all the electronic gizmo's that come on cars today that I cannot repair anyway.

I look at most extended warrenties and money makers for dealers and builders. Remember, the selling dealer get a cut of it. How it works.

10+ Kubota tractors and never had an issue in 30 years, well I cannot say no issues, I had a leaking fuel tank (was covered on the standard warranty) and a blown cylinder (also covered). Kuboya supplied the parts, I did the replacements myself.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Do you guys, that have bought NEW Kubota BX tractors, get the extended warranty ? is it worth it ? just one year is $650 n 2 years is $1100 … seems like a lot for a brand new machine that shouldn't have any problems. I know that we don't live in a perfect world, tho.
I almost never buy extended warranties and I bought none on any of my 5 Kubotas.

Dealer told me that they sell few extended warranties.

The emissions system on newer machinery is warranted for 5 years by federal law. The drivetrain warranty on smaller Kubota tractors is 6 years.

Just cannot see the need.

SDT

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Mike,

I think standard warranty goes out a couple of years. I don't think you need it. Better to have good insurance coverage (like KTAC).

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Its safe for you to assume that the cost of the Extended warranty will be the cost of any repair that may be required during the extended period. The OEMs have all the statistics on what goes wrong and when so really you are pre-paying any potential future problem and the company errs on the side of profitability.

FYI many extended warranties are typically 50% commissions to the sales person.

If the cost of an extended warranty is excessive, that might be an indication that your particular purchase has a high rate of failures - or the sales person wants a nice all inclusive vacation this year.

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
Just looked it up. Tractors up to the Grand L have a 24 month basic warranty and a 72 month limited power train warranty. Thats residential not commercial.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Reminds me of an interesting story. When I purchased my new Ford, the dealer push a 'tire and rim warranty. 'You need that' the salesman insisted. I asked how muc... He said 300 bucks a year. 'You know how bad Michigan roads are'. I ignored him but I did check on the price of a new rim and tire. Got back with him before I signed the papers and told him I could buy a bnew rim for 60 bucks and a tire for $125.00, lot less that their 'tire and rim warranty'. That was the end of that. Never squared a rim or ruined a tire yet. I don't drive like a fool and search out potholes.

Like I said earlier I did extend the warranty, but it was the Ford factory warranty and I did it for all the electronic gizmo's the car came with, some of which I still have not figured out.:D

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Reminds me of an interesting story. When I purchased my new Ford, the dealer push a 'tire and rim warranty. 'You need that' the salesman insisted. I asked how muc... He said 300 bucks a year. 'You know how bad Michigan roads are'. I ignored him but I did check on the price of a new rim and tire. Got back with him before I signed the papers and told him I could buy a bnew rim for 60 bucks and a tire for $125.00, lot less that their 'tire and rim warranty'. That was the end of that. Never squared a rim or ruined a tire yet. I don't drive like a fool and search out potholes.

Like I said earlier I did extend the warranty, but it was the Ford factory warranty and I did it for all the electronic gizmo's the car came with, some of which I still have not figured out.:D
The one I like here in Ontario Canada is those stickers they put inside all your panels they MAKE you pay for.....so the police can track your vehicle if it gets stolen.
Meanwhile when you call the police here the first thing they say is "Why are you calling us? You have insurance don't you?"

A truck got stolen from my daughters boyfriend's employer. It was located and the police couldn't be bothered. So he went and stole it back from the thieves with all their stuff in it!! LOL That was mint!

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
The original question was in regard to BX, which is what I have. My dealer here in NH offered a free extended warranty! 3 additional years on entire tractor including backhoe and FEL, 5 years on the power train. All warranty work must be done by the dealer. That really helped with the decision to buy.