Everything Attachments Box Blade

Tunaslayer

Equipment
L2501 TLB, Wheelhorse 417-8/414-8
Hello,

Just wanted to post some pics, and do a long term review of the ETA extreme duty box blade. I ordered the 66" version for my L2501. Just got it on the tractor today. I'll update after some use. My impression based on welds, dimensions, and weight is that this is constructed to last. The dimensions are perfect for my tractor, and I hope it will perform well. The tricky part will be learning how to dial this in. Gonna take some serious seat time to get a feel for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wiltff

Equipment
L3800 HST & FEL. 66" LP Tiller, 72" EA Boxblade, 84" Woods disc, 96" rake
Aug 6, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Great to hear. You said you ordered a 66", according to the website You are supposed to have 5 rippers. It looks like you have 6, is that correct? I'm looking to order a 72" or 78" shortly for my L38000.

Last edited:

wiltff

Equipment
Aug 6, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I noticed that. Guess I got a bonus ripper. I think it will help it work better as a "rake" to clean up debris.

Awesome. Get something extra in today's world. The welds and fabrication look Great. Enjoy it, it looks like a great piece of equipment.

spacemanspiff

Equipment
M5-111
Dec 4, 2015
Lower ,AL
I have a 96" one and its the most indestructible implement I have ever bought.
I love the 1" rippers.

Their customer service is good too. They had to replace a cat 1-2 pin twice. The first one would not go in the tractor, and the second time all I got was an empty box. It had broken through the box after some rough treatment by Fedex. They sent a third, no questions asked wrapped in several feet of bubble rap.

You bought a really well built box blade.

Last edited:

Tunaslayer

Equipment
Good to hear. It seems like they have a great reputation, and the products are speaking for them self. As far as the 3 point linkage, I am not sure what I have: the dealer sent me home with the irons off a b2650. Those were not gonna work, so I went back, and they hooked me up with this set up. I know the top link, and lift arms are correct because we took those of a l2501, but the lower arms I am not sure. They have the telescopic ends, and sway bars, which is really nice, and measured the same as the ones on the L2501 on the lot. There is still a bunch of adjustment left in the top link, so we will see. Luckily my first job is the rake and clear some land with the rippers, so it should work like this.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Looks great! I think you will be amazed at the things you can do with it. Doesn't affect anything but looks, but I thought they offered them in Kubota Orange.

Tunaslayer

Equipment
Really? Wish I had asked! Not a big deal to me tho. I ran it around the yard with the rippers down, top link short, and it did good things. Ripped off the top layer of roots, and junk pretty easy, and left most of the dirt behind. Have to try to burn this, so I started with a small pile in case it just won't light. Shortened the top link, and retracted the rippers, and tried it on some lose soil. It is not easy to learn on a bumpy hill, so don't look too close. This was more for fun than a final grade. Only one way to learn..

wiltff

Equipment
Aug 6, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Awesome to hear. Looks great. You'll get better with more seat time.

Tunaslayer

Equipment
After some more use, I would give this box blade 10 out of ten. It has plenty of weight to make healthy cuts, the rippers can be dropped to the point where they act as a rake, and when adjusted correctly, it leaves a very nice finish. I have no experience with other brands, but at this price point, you are looking at an entry level box from any other brand. The only item I see that may get modded in the future is the rippers. Kinda a pain to drop and raise them. I will probably look into a top and tilt eventually. That would make it a lot easier. Here are some shots of a small pad for my chicken coop.

wiltff

Equipment
Aug 6, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
How is the power to weight ratio? Have you been digging deep or scraping? With the 66" wide box does the tractor have plenty of power to move lots of dirt? I was thinking of getting the 72" with my L3800 but maybe i could go even bigger?

Tunaslayer

Equipment
I would say it is a traction issue, not horse power. At an idle, when it hangs up, the tires spin in 4wd with a load of dirt in the bucket. The tires are loaded with rim-guard. I would think a larger blade would be fine for lighter work, but if u are ripping a lot, I think the 66" is perfect. I believe our tractors are similar in weight?

wiltff

Equipment
Aug 6, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I would say it is a traction issue, not horse power. At an idle, when it hangs up, the tires spin in 4wd with a load of dirt in the bucket. The tires are loaded with rim-guard. I would think a larger blade would be fine for lighter work, but if u are ripping a lot, I think the 66" is perfect. I believe our tractors are similar in weight?

Yes they are similar in weight, and my tires are filled as well. I think I'll stay with the 72" and not go any bigger. I'll be in Andover next week, I'll stop over and bring some drinks. Lol.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Was wondering how you guys are still liking your box blade? I'm in the market myself and have been doing a bit of research on them. Seems like the EA version is pretty solid for the price. I also like that the connections are thru-pinned rather than just a straight single sided pin. I also like that the rippers are pinned instead of held in place by a clip.

was looking at King Kutter, County Line, Titan and Land Pride. It would appear that the land pride comparable model would be $1075 for the BB1560.

Two questions:
1) would the 60" be about right for my tractor (B2650)..or is something in a 54" a better fit (I have a 60" bucket on the loader)?
2) are there any EA coupon codes here for OTT members?

Tunaslayer

Equipment
Still really like my 66” ea box. It has seen moderate use, and has no visible flaws as far as I can tell. Also a great company to deal with, but watch out on the phone; those boys could sell a screen door to a submarine. Almost bought a grapple last time. As a side note, I have their forks- also a great attachment. Those have seen a beating, and are in great shape. The number one improvement for productivity with a box blade would be a top and tilt. Guys gotta dream right? Anyway, the lower irons and lift arms are from a grand L series tractor. The top link is stock. It’s a long story, but my dealer hooked me up when there was a mix up. I do think they are a little longer than the stock ones, but the box blade is still adjustable in and out with the stock length top link, indicating that they are not far off.