Nov 1, 2020
This has become great entertainment!
ms-tK63Ej1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
That's the way I feel about Homestead now, too. Really like the design of their rakes, but can't see forking out full pop and waiting. Sucks, because I feel they and EA have superior designs to the others.
Too bad for Homestead, but there is a zero point zero percent chance that I would extend myself to a company for any period of time that could potentially exceed the limits of an easy refund or dispute. I’d be perfectly honest with the sales person about my intent to pull funds during that timeframe…

Not saying’ they’re crooks, but why put yourself in a position that could leave you exposed for a screwin’?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Too bad for Homestead, but there is a zero point zero percent chance that I would extend myself to a company for any period of time that could potentially exceed the limits of an easy refund or dispute. I’d be perfectly honest with the sales person about my intent to pull funds during that timeframe…

Not saying’ they’re crooks, but why put yourself in a position that could leave you exposed for a screwin’?
Exactly. However, I took that risk with EA and didn't get hosed. Fortunately, I didn't have to dispute it and it was within my CC company dispute time frame of 180 days.
I may take the risk with Homestead. Not really wanting to though.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Well they say 4-6 weeks for a subcompact grapple, +-$1800 delivered, so well within the CC 'chargeback' limit(typically 120 days), can't lose your money.
If you were prepared for EA 4-6 MONTHS delivery, Homestead is better,financially.
I have no idea whose grapple is better.Would need to have them here and do proper testing and inspections. They're simple devices..some steel and some hydraulics.Use them, they'll outlive you, ABUSE them, you'll be buying another.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
EA was 5 months at the time. Was delivered in 3 mo and 3 weeks after ordering. Still within my cards 180 day dispute limit.
Seeing EAs possible demise, I don't know if I feel comfortable promoting the buy now and wait thing. I might get money back, but my bank will still take amthe hit. As noted earlier in the thread, it's unlikely the money would come out of the vendors account.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Exactly. However, I took that risk with EA and didn't get hosed. Fortunately, I didn't have to dispute it and it was within my CC company dispute time frame of 180 days.
I may take the risk with Homestead. Not really wanting to though.
There is always risk…it’s possible to get ripped off even if the product is in stock and you buy on the spot…product could fail first use and seller/manufacture doesn’t warrantee or make it right…seller could close the doors the next day for that matter…buyer would have no foresight of that reasonably. Either way once seller / manufacturer have a reputation for not taking care of the customer it’s hard to change that reputation and most likely won’t stay in business long.

I had very positive experiences with EA on multiple products and no issue…their wait time really not that much different than others. For all purchased items (except the grapple) they had in stock and shipped immediately and I had within a week or so. Again very positive and they filled every order and were transparent with me on the wait time on the grapple including sharing updates. I would have considered homestead though too if they had the long bottom dual lid grapple though…they have similar policy from what I can tell as far as money up front. IMO it’s not unreasonable or uncommon for a seller to ask for a down payment though either. Taking 100% up front certainly increases risk to the buyer though. Buyers beware still holds true.

I bet dirt dog and bush hog and others getting a few more clicks these days and I don’t think the smoke has even cleared yet. In today’s world of rapid clicks / dissemination of news/stories(could be fake could true…can very easily spread like wildfire) I suspect it could be a challenge for a small business to stay ahead of bad press for whatever reason true or not….there are so many outlets. Id think it would be better to get in front of it if wanting to preserve reputation.

I certainly would not ordering/buying anything else there till the smoke clears. Facts will come out eventually.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
this...

I'd think it would be better to get in front of it if wanting to preserve reputation.

says it all !

Considering the speed and reach of the Internet, you have to wonder why no 'press release' from EA to counter what 1,000s of posts are saying ?

Maybe he had the best grapple ever but if HE can't be trusted, the business is doomed.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
this...

I'd think it would be better to get in front of it if wanting to preserve reputation.

says it all !

Considering the speed and reach of the Internet, you have to wonder why no 'press release' from EA to counter what 1,000s of posts are saying ?

Maybe he had the best grapple ever but if HE can't be trusted, the business is doomed.
I’d agree with you…that’s a data point for sure.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Wow tough crowd here with all the cries of Jail! What happened to being assumed innocent before being found guilty.

just a thought, but a building contractor could have given EA a problem by placing a lien and having a suspect claim, in these situations banks have no patience and immediately pull funding and seize whatever is put up for guarantee. Banks reactive actions are responsible for many good business failures.

in situations like these the companies legal advisors will suggest that EA not make any statements as owners are fighting the bank to gain control of the business.

The fact that some employees are returning is a positive sign. I’m sure everyone who has placed an order is worried but we should not be so quick to judge with so few facts available. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for EA and Ted, they have made some great product and have supplied many people who are part of this forum.

Rumors and innuendo are more likely to put them out of business quicker than any short term business issues.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
For whatever reason, sometimes my mind reads things differently than what is printed.

After reading the new posts in this thread this morning, for a moment, when I read the forum title, it read as Judgments & Attachments…

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Liens are nothing new, heck mechanics automatically have one on every job they do, until bill says 'paid in full', at least here in Ontario.
Unless someone posts the actual legal documents of the lawsuits , it's unclear as to what that fight is about. Usually on 'projects' be it small like a house or a big like a subdivision, 'draws' are assigned to be paid when certain operations are done. Foundation done, get 5%, structure up, 10%, weathered, 10%, pass 1st inspections, 10%. All this is spelled out in the contract,which we won't have access to.
If the picture in the news article is the building, it's up, weathered and even has a parking lot so a LOT of the work HAS been done.
Depending on the lien issued, it can STOP the owner from selling the property until the lien is paid off. It also looks real bad to creditors,banks, new investors, etc.

oh well ,38 days until Spring and the robins are here.....

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
That's the way I feel about Homestead now, too. Really like the design of their rakes, but can't see forking out full pop and waiting. Sucks, because I feel they and EA have superior designs to the others.
Full payment in advance....?
Kinda like the 'ol story?
"Yo place yo bets,...yo takes yo chances"?

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
but, hopefully , everyone here has found out the 'chargeback' period for their credit cards, so can cancel their order if goods not delivered.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
MY sentiments exactly. If you need a paystub to believe me, I will respectfully decline. Whether you choose to believe what I have posted is your decision, I support your right to choose.
I am willing to trust the words of a “new member” more than I would trust someone with My Money for 3-4 months and no delivery guarantee. The “new member” hasn’t been caught in a lie just-yet… but EA has been caught failing to deliver on many occasions. Sooo…. Who is the liar..?

(also, it makes perfect sense to me that an employee…present or former….would choose to remain anonymous when posting insider-information on an entity such as EA who is known to happily sue you in court over any accuastions… true or not. tractorguy32 hasn’t said or done anything to indicate dishonesty so-far, and his comments fit the scenario.)

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

MTL does not sell anythlng unless it will ship in 12 budiness days. My grapple ARRIVED in half that timr.

Dan

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I think folks can look up the history of the owner and discover past dealing that are less than straight forward. Misdealing in the past, an apparent history of not paying bills and law suits.
Reminds me of a certain ousted person hoping we’ll fall for his crap again.

• Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I am willing to trust the words of a “new member” more than I would trust someone with My Money for 3-4 months and no delivery guarantee. The “new member” hasn’t been caught in a lie just-yet… but EA has been caught failing to deliver on many occasions. Sooo…. Who is the liar..?

(also, it makes perfect sense to me that an employee…present or former….would choose to remain anonymous when posting insider-information on an entity such as EA who is known to happily sue you in court over any accuastions… true or not. tractorguy32 hasn’t said or done anything to indicate dishonesty so-far, and his comments fit the scenario.)
"but EA has been caught failing to deliver on many occasions".
Huh ??
Just how did you gather that bit of FACT?
As I understand it EA... WILL likely fail to deliver,.....but to date, that is all that we THINK we really know.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
"but EA has been caught failing to deliver on many occasions".
Huh ??
Just how did you gather that bit of FACT?
As I understand it EA... WILL likely fail to deliver,.....but to date, that is all that we THINK we really know.
When someone tells me to pay up-front and they will deliver ON-Time….but doesn’t deliver ON-Time… that is dishonest behavior. There are plenty of comments here on OTT that complain of EA being late on delivery, and no proper communication. It’s those comments and the current situation that causes me to allow more credence to a “new member” than an “old dissuader”.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
well , they FAILED to pay their property taxes on time. That is a matter of record. Over $50K and now with 2% interest on top of that...

Hmm, got me wondering, to those that paid with credit card,
have you always paid off the CC, or have YOU been , nailed interest on the outstanding balance( on the EA portion) ?
Say you bought $5K from EA and apply for 'chargeback'. Will you get the interest(10-15-28% ?) as well or just the $5K ?
What would really hurt is....not getting the item, not getting the purchase price back from CC AND then having to pay the interest on the EA portion of the CC balance.