error code P008 9

jimmyob

Equipment
LX3310, loader, forks&spade, grapple, post puller, stump bucket, WM8H, brush hog
Dec 10, 2021
West Virginia
Hi all, got this code on my LX3310 today, everything is running fine, not sure what to make of it. Fuel lines are good, filter looks good, only has about 20 hours on it.
P008 9 code, has something to do with fuel system. Wondering if anyone else has run into this. Thanks in advance for any replies,
JO

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I googled 'P0008 9 ' this came up, in 1st hit...
MSC-2022-001: B-Series; Defect of V1505-CR Engine ECU (Error Code P0089 Is Displayed)

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
See if this page from L series DTC gives you more info.

Error seems to result from stuck SCV.
What is an SCV: What Is A Suction Control Valve? The Suction Control Valve or SCV is responsible for the control of fuel pressure inside common rail engines. It allows only the required amount of fuel to be pumped through the system.

I am not suggesting you mess with this. You could do more harm.

Dave

Attachments

B2710

Equipment
LX3310, L45, RTV1100
Dec 13, 2011
SE Tennessee
I did not get a code but the dealership wants me to bring my L3310 in for a ECM update as soon as possible to prevent getting the code.

PaulH007

Equipment
LX3310
Aug 10, 2022
Los Gatos, California
Hi all, got this code on my LX3310 today, everything is running fine, not sure what to make of it. Fuel lines are good, filter looks good, only has about 20 hours on it.
P008 9 code, has something to do with fuel system. Wondering if anyone else has run into this. Thanks in advance for any replies,
JO
I have just had the P0089 error code come up for the second time within the first 18 months of ownership. The technician came out to my property the first time, ran the usual diagnostics and a full re-gen to no avail; the error remained. The tractor was then trailered to the local Kubota Service Center and I lost it for 3 weeks while they repaired it.

It came back working fine ... for the next 4 months ... and it's just recurred this afternoon. I think there is something more to this issue than just a warranty failure, or maybe I'm just unlucky.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have just had the P0089 error code come up for the second time within the first 18 months of ownership. The technician came out to my property the first time, ran the usual diagnostics and a full re-gen to no avail; the error remained. The tractor was then trailered to the local Kubota Service Center and I lost it for 3 weeks while they repaired it.

It came back working fine ... for the next 4 months ... and it's just recurred this afternoon. I think there is something more to this issue than just a warranty failure, or maybe I'm just unlucky.
Did the Dealer perform MSC-2022-001 while they had your tractor? It is a software update, then the SCV has to be put through a re-learn.

PaulH007

Equipment
LX3310
Aug 10, 2022
Los Gatos, California
Did the Dealer perform MSC-2022-001 while they had your tractor? It is a software update, then the SCV has to be put through a re-learn.
Great question .. and I don't know, but I'll ask this time.

And I should add that I never received any notification from Kubota even though I am the registered owner. Are Kubota normally efficient about communicating recalls or is this an 'area for improvement'?

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Great question .. and I don't know, but I'll ask this time.

And I should add that I never received any notification from Kubota even though I am the registered owner. Are Kubota normally efficient about communicating recalls or is this an 'area for improvement'?
Kubota is normally very good about notifying the customer of Mandatory Service Campains. Your dealer should have contacted you also.

jimmyob

Equipment
LX3310, loader, forks&spade, grapple, post puller, stump bucket, WM8H, brush hog
Dec 10, 2021
West Virginia

I had a tech come out and he fixed me up in short time. Software reset. Been fine ever since. Small glitch and I was told it was fine to run in the meantime. All good!

PaulH007

Equipment
LX3310
Aug 10, 2022
Los Gatos, California
I had a tech come out and he fixed me up in short time. Software reset. Been fine ever since. Small glitch and I was told it was fine to run in the meantime. All good!
Thanks Jimmy ... I had the same experience. The Tech confirmed that it related to fluctuations in the voltage measured by the fuel pump and after upgrading the firmware, running a re-gen, the fault went away and the tractor has been fine since.