Engineering forum deleted this machine test.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
This is a junk yard demonstration of a well built basic thing inside a piece of sheet metal. Posted on an engineering site it was deleted because it didn't deal with engineering. I dispute that. This was a well thought out design that even when really mistreated showed its stuff inside a cheap enclosure.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152671800946723.

Can this somehow be related to tractors and the abuse they take? I think so.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That was pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Customer service - Ahhhhhh yes, I have a warranty issue . . . :rolleyes: :D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Looks like the kinda stuff people bring back to Home Depot, saying, "It quit working..."

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
This is a junk yard demonstration of a well built basic thing inside a piece of sheet metal. Posted on an engineering site it was deleted because it didn't deal with engineering. I dispute that. This was a well thought out design that even when really mistreated showed its stuff inside a cheap enclosure.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152671800946723.

Can this somehow be related to tractors and the abuse they take? I think so.
Very impressive Photoshop work! A few minor discrepancies, but altogether pretty good stuff! (In candor, I must admit I didn't watch the entire vid, just stepped through it after the door came open -- I mean, has any living person ever seen a front-load that can be made to continue running when the door opens?)

Very amusing, and like one of the commenters said, "I can't believe I just wasted 1 min of my time watching this!"

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That is just flat out funny, still laughing my butt off! :D

cerlawson, Thanks for the excellent post!:)

If you don't think that was funny, go see a doc because your funny is broken! :rolleyes: ;)

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I think they wired directly to the motor, since once out of the enclosure it sure kept doing its thing.

Before deleted at Eng.tips.com, one guy indicated his wife was mad because he used the wash machine to clean some greasy parts. Another says his next washer is a Whirl Pool. Me too. The item placed inside looked like a heavy pipe fitting.

On abusing tractors, I suspect that has been done at the test sites and pretty well corrected for most of them. Goes to show why those that are fearful of some unusual use of the tractor have already had that tested long ago.