engine/frame paint for L185

Buggyman

Equipment
L 4340, L185, ZT326
Jan 26, 2014
Eugene, Missouri
In restoring the L185 I just purchased I find that two or three different blue paints were used on the engine/frames over the years. I am needing the earlier blue used up until about 1990. I can't find it! The two dealers I visited yesterday don't have it. I looked on e-bay where vendors list blue kubota paint. But the part number they use is not recognized by kubota. I contacted two of the vendors today and they both told me they don't know which blue it is they are selling. They just know that it is kubota blue! Can anyone direct me to where I can buy a quart of the correct blue for my L185. Most of you know that kubota also used two orange colors, but these are both easy to locate.... not so for the blue.
Thanks

Buggyman

Equipment
L 4340, L185, ZT326
Jan 26, 2014
Eugene, Missouri
Have your blue matched at any automotive paint store.

Acrylic.

WHOA, no need to go to that trouble. I found a place "Messicks.com" who I find is an authority of Kubota paints. In fact MUCH more so than the two dealers I visited AND three vendors on e-bay who claim they are selling kubota blue paint. The Messicks people have a chart of all the kubota paints used on their site and an explanation of what the color was used on. They had the older blue in stock in quarts or rattle cans. These people are very helpful and know kubota paints like dealers SHOULD know. I ordered my blue and orange from them today and it shipped before the end of the day.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Thank you! My dealer has a similar chart hanging by the cash register. Yours, in my computer, is easier.