Engine "Family" Number Query L3902

John RHR

Equipment
L 245 DT (emeritus) L3902
Oct 11, 2013
Lake County, Calif
All -

Good day. Looking at an L3902, but to get the tractor one of the documents I need is the "EPA Certification" of the "Engine Family" - this is not the model of the tractor or the engine SN, but some sort of emissions grouping for ..... spending tax money? Anyway, I went to the KUBOTAUSA site and got lost. How do I find the engine family for this tractor. My sales rep doesn't know, and if I don't move, he's going to sell the tractor out from under me. Can any of you shed some light. I called a different dealer and they said to look under the hood, and that it was on the engine. SO helpful. I don't have the tractor yet! Halp!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Hmm. It's a 1.8L 3 cylinder. I think it's going to be a D1803? D means 3 cylinder in German, 18 for the capacity, I think they're an 03 series engine, which isn't their newest tech.

Google says maybe D1803-CR-E4.

Not sure if that's the number they're looking for.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
All -

Good day. Looking at an L3902, but to get the tractor one of the documents I need is the "EPA Certification" of the "Engine Family" - this is not the model of the tractor or the engine SN, but some sort of emissions grouping for ..... spending tax money? Anyway, I went to the KUBOTAUSA site and got lost. How do I find the engine family for this tractor. My sales rep doesn't know, and if I don't move, he's going to sell the tractor out from under me. Can any of you shed some light. I called a different dealer and they said to look under the hood, and that it was on the engine. SO helpful. I don't have the tractor yet! Halp!
The "EPA Certification" of the "Engine Family"?
Who "needs" that?
Bank, or credit union?
Why?
Find another loan source!

John RHR

Equipment
Oct 11, 2013
Lake County, Calif
The "EPA Certification" of the "Engine Family"?
Who "needs" that?
Bank, or credit union?
Why?
Find another loan source!
Well, I am not sure why. I've been working on this for some time, and part of the financing is providing the documents they've requested. What difference is "why"? My question is legitimate. You may not like the question or find it superfluous, but that's not the point. I was simply looking for someone to answer a straightforward question. Thank you all the same....

John RHR

Equipment
Oct 11, 2013
Lake County, Calif
Not positive I have the correct engine for it as I have an LX but this is the site to fine the emission certs...
Also attached is the certificate for what I "think" is the engine in a L3902...
Hope this helps
Dave
Thank you SO much for this! I don't know if this is it or not, I'll need to confirm, but for now - I don't have squat. I do appreciate it. Everyone else - please chime in. I'd like some definitive link between the 3902 and the engine family for the power unit.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The certificate has a list at the end, and the engines are all D1803, and are a 1.8L inline 3 cylinder.

I think there's a high likelihood that is it, and if it's not, not sure how your loan rep would know any different. So I'd give it to them.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Just to give you an example attached is the photo of the sticker on my LX2610 with the info needed to look up the EPA info.
Then attached are the 2 EPA certificates the summary one that's one page and the actual test results certification with the engine specs ( note it also gives the torque and the fuel rate per stoke of the injector). Of the ones listed I have highlighted the one that is for my motor. If your dealer can send you a photo of the emissions sticker on the L3902 then you can confirm what one is the correct engine calibration. As someone mentioned above you might not have to go that far the certification I posted yesterday might satisfy what the lender needs. I'm assuming it's for some sort of tax or environmental credit.
I hope that this helps you and any others that might need to look up this info....
Dave

Attachments