engine dies after 20 min use

gjohn

Equipment
loader bucket back blade
May 19, 2013
millbrook NY USA
2006 bx2350 tractor always starts fine and runs well for 20 min, then power fades quickly and will not tolerate any load demand. I have to throttle back and limp back to the shed at a crawl. Engine temp remains normal, and will restart if it dies. The problem has gotten worse over a few months, I used to get an hour or more.
I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filters, air filter, changed the oil, and checked other fluids.
It has been to the kabota dealer and they have not been able to diagnose the problem. They thought it was bad fuel.
Any ideas?
extremely frustrated

Last edited:

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
2006 bx2350 tractor always starts fine and runs well for 20 min, then power fades quickly and will not tolerate any load demand. I have to throttle back and limp back to the shed at a crawl. Engine temp remains normal, and will restart if it dies. The problem has gotten worse over a few months, I used to get an hour or more.
I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filters, air filter, changed the oil, and checked other fluids.
It has been to the kabota dealer and they have not been able to diagnose the problem. They thought it was bad fuel.
Any ideas?
extremely frustrated
Is it possible that your fuel tank is not venting, try loosening the cap the next time it start to die on you.

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Next time you fill up, put some seafoam or other diesel additive in there. Might be a little water in there and it will help to get rid of it. Could also be something that is plugging your inlet side of the fuel system. It may have dislodged for a while, but now is stuck. May have to drain and flush out the fuel tank with clean fuel.

Hope this helps and good luck!

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
There is always the possibility of someone putting in gasoline instead of diesel.

Those symptoms are identical to gasoline contamination.

wfd2

Equipment
BX23, RTV900, M8560, and SSV65
Aug 7, 2013
Paris, MI
Did you end up fixing your problem? If so, what was the root cause?