EN9 code tractor won’t start

Tuck B

Equipment
Kubota m7060
Jun 7, 2022
Salem
Hello
My 7060 has gone down again. Back in the summer it showed an EN 9 code and was blowing a 5 amp fuse labeled PTO/ENG
I sent it into the dealership and they charged a fortune for diagnostics and ended up replacing the PTO switch (inexpensive part). I’ve only put about 8 hrs on since and it has shut down again showing the same code and blowing the same 5 amp fuse. The PTO operation light is also illuminated on the instrument panel along with a red exclamation point (just like back in the summer). I have zero faith in the dealership at this point. Any advice and knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Don't know the tractor and would need to see the wiring diagram but blowing any fuse means that 'somewhere' past that fuse the wiring or where ever it goes is shorting to ground. sounds like it's got 'computer' controlling the display.
Do I assume pressing the PTO button does 'nothing' ?, that the warning light stays on no matter what you do ? Wiring diagram is really needed. Typically there's 2 ways to power a PTO. A switch powers the PTO coil directly ( like riding mowers...) or the switch powers a control relay ,that then sends power to the PTO coil.
Are you able to remove the PTO switch, or at least disconnect the switch ? to see what happens ?
If you locate the PTO coil ( single wire...2 pin connector), see what color wire it is and follow it back to the dash looking for any 'pinch points' or sharp bends in the wiring where that wire has rubbed onto the frame or of metal.
Did you go over a big bump at the 8 hour mark (when it failed) ? Yes, trying to remember that will be challenging.
Hopefully someone can post the wiring diagram or has seen this happen.
Also use Google to search for 'KUBOTA 7060 pto blows fuse' or similar wording.

found this...

for the M7060 tractor,somewhat more complicated than 'regular' tractors... it'd be intersting to see if you disconnect the 4 pin 'solenoid' connector, install good 5A fuse and turn key on.

Last edited: