ECM

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
The ecu is non serviceable unless your replacing or cleaning it. Words of wisdom . Keep it clean, wire corrosion will cost you an arm and a leg.

LittleBigJim

Equipment
2015 Kubota B3350
Mar 3, 2021
Gibbonsville, Id
The ecu is non serviceable unless your replacing or cleaning it. Words of wisdom . Keep it clean, wire corrosion will cost you an arm and a leg.
Well, where is the ECM then ? I know you can remove it to have it updated. And, where is the ECM located if it is different than the ECU ?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Well, where is the ECM then ? I know you can remove it to have it updated. And, where is the ECM located if it is different than the ECU ?
The FCU and ECM are the same things. Technically, your tractor has an ECU. Below is a pdf showing its location.
Why do you want to remove it? Any download to update it is done through the diagnostic port by the dealer. The port is located under the seat on Cabin models and on the LH side of the engine, right above the ID tag on the ROPS models.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

LittleBigJim

Equipment
2015 Kubota B3350
Mar 3, 2021
Gibbonsville, Id
The FCU and ECM are the same things. Technically, your tractor has an ECU. Below is a pdf showing its location.
Why do you want to remove it? Any download to update it is done through the diagnostic port by the dealer. The port is located under the seat on Cabin models and on the LH side of the engine, right above the ID tag on the ROPS models.
I was told that If I could remove it and bring it to them, I would not have to haul my tractor 120 miles.
Thanks for the info.
Jim.