Easy backhoe removal and storage

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Howdy folks, hope this is posted in the correct forum.
A friend of mine always complains about what a chore it is removing and installing his backhoe (on a 3710 Kubota).

I came up with a very workable solution (pictures attached).
Hope this helps someone with the same situation.

Milo

Attachments

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Very nice! should help putting it back on too. those can be a SOB to work with.

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Yup, genuine pain in the @$$. Then, once ya got it off,,,,there it sat,,,taking up room. Then to re-connect, ya had to back the tractor "perfectly" into position. then, install the pump, and jockey the hydraulics around, while trying to align the pins. PITA indeed! No more, this set-up makes it a walk in the park.

Milo:)

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Milo put some wording to your photos and Mr. K may use it as an article. Ed caught on to what you did but I not sure everyone else who views this post will. IMHO you made it mobile and at the same time the casters make it slobber proof as the cylinder relax. Very, very good use of space and safe design with rated products. Was this a kit? Where did you get it? :)

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I think this would make a great article too. needs some captioning alright but I bet anyone who has ever worked with one of those awkward buggers will appreciate what you have done. And it will be much safer too. those things are always looking for a chance to squish you somewhere! ( can't you just tell how excited I am when one appears at my shop door!):eek:
Ed

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
As far as "words" go........I guess someone wanting to do this, on their own machine, would benefit from a material list, and build sequence. I can certainly provide that.

Milo

tkiranch

Equipment
MX 5100,ZG38
Feb 13, 2010
Sheldon, IL
I like your set up. I am purchasing a BH for my MX5100 and have no clue about the problems with them. Can you post or send your material list and some measurements, so I can have them fabricated before I even take delivery of the BH

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
If you are purchasing a "Kubota" hoe, you won't need my set-up.
Only the aftermarket (to my knowledge) 3 point hitch, hoes need "help":)

If you need the info on my build, I'll go measure it, and post it here.
Milo

silverfeet97

Equipment
Kubota BX-24 in pieces
Jun 4, 2014
Annapolis, MD
I'm needing to remove the backhoe off of a non functioning Bx24. For those of us who can't weld, does anyone potentially have a ...list of steps? Recommendations for the how and where jack(s) use? ect

My thought is to build a heavy duty dolly of some sort and vertical stoutness to be able to ratchet strap to and move to store...somehow.

To make it even more challenging I'm on a gravel driveway, not pavement...I do have many old boards...but I'd have really felt more confident if there was pavement....or if I had a working tractor.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Great idea and implementation with the wheel jacks!! Even on concrete sometimes that last 1/2" can take an hour!! Good job!!

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
I'm needing to remove the backhoe off of a non functioning Bx24. For those of us who can't weld, does anyone potentially have a ...list of steps? Recommendations for the how and where jack(s) use? ect

My thought is to build a heavy duty dolly of some sort and vertical stoutness to be able to ratchet strap to and move to store...somehow.

To make it even more challenging I'm on a gravel driveway, not pavement...I do have many old boards...but I'd have really felt more confident if there was pavement....or if I had a working tractor.
I would look into having an experienced boom type wrecker operator help with the back hoe removal. Once removed have it set on wood blocks out of the way. Positioned so that you can reconnect when the time comes. You may also want to ratchet strap the boom & dipper stick, to keep them from spreading out while stored.