East Coast cheaper?

Bruce(OR)

Equipment
B7500
Feb 18, 2021
HJillsboro, Ore
Greetings one and all, Long ago I inherited a 1999 B7500 with a backhoe. At 472 hours I went to the dealer and real fast he was talking about the B2601. A bit of research and I suspect the LX2610 with the heavier weight and slight increase in ground clearance might be a better fit.
The Boss and I had a tiff over it and I might win the argument yet. I am looking at the LX2610, a nice step up from the 7500, grapple, 3rd hand hydraulics, back hoe for it to keep the Boss happy, and pallet forks.
I am in the pacific NW with a few trees around my place and a need for a grapple occasionally.
Looking at dealer prices online, it seems the east coast is a bit cheaper than the west end.
I was strongly thinking about the cab option because the wife often whines that it is too cold outside for her and I am suppose to hurry up.
An aftermarket cab might become an option due to cost at this point and potential future plans. I get snow at my house 2 out of 3 years and the county is a 50/50 shot if they will come plow the road soon after the initial snow fall.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Since it's the thread title, I assume you're concerned about the price difference?

I don't know why that might be, but I doubt you could get a cheaper total package delivered to your house from the east coast.

Reactions: 1 user

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Shipping, or transporting then from the boat to the dealer is probably the difference

Bruce(OR)

Equipment
B7500
Feb 18, 2021
HJillsboro, Ore
Shipping, or transporting then from the boat to the dealer is probably the difference
Well, I was thinking that, figuring Japan is off the west coast, they should have been cheaper.
Then I found if I desired the cab option, it would come out of Georgia.
Looks like the god ol' boys in Georgia are getting a good deal on machines.
I figure around mid March, i will drop the hammer on a new machine as listed above.
About $32,600. If I can jiggle numbers correctly, God willing, I can get it paid off in about two years.

Jim in PA

Equipment
Kubota LX2610 JD X748
Feb 18, 2021
Northwest PA
I just bought the same tractor today LX 2610 TLB with 3rd function and mechanical thumb. Hopefully the price you were quoted included the factory cab? The price you posted is considerably higher than dealerships around me.. I paid a little less than $28,000 before tax..and I thought that was too damn much..lol

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Greetings one and all, Long ago I inherited a 1999 B7500 with a backhoe. At 472 hours I went to the dealer and real fast he was talking about the B2601. A bit of research and I suspect the LX2610 with the heavier weight and slight increase in ground clearance might be a better fit.
The Boss and I had a tiff over it and I might win the argument yet. I am looking at the LX2610, a nice step up from the 7500, grapple, 3rd hand hydraulics, back hoe for it to keep the Boss happy, and pallet forks.
I am in the pacific NW with a few trees around my place and a need for a grapple occasionally.
Looking at dealer prices online, it seems the east coast is a bit cheaper than the west end.
I was strongly thinking about the cab option because the wife often whines that it is too cold outside for her and I am suppose to hurry up.
An aftermarket cab might become an option due to cost at this point and potential future plans. I get snow at my house 2 out of 3 years and the county is a 50/50 shot if they will come plow the road soon after the initial snow fall.
Kubota tractors are assembled in GA.

Shipping to the west coast will cost considerably than it does to eastern states.

SDT

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Well, I was thinking that, figuring Japan is off the west coast, they should have been cheaper.
Then I found if I desired the cab option, it would come out of Georgia.
Looks like the god ol' boys in Georgia are getting a good deal on machines.
I figure around mid March, i will drop the hammer on a new machine as listed above.
About $32,600. If I can jiggle numbers correctly, God willing, I can get it paid off in about two years.
I live in GA, they are not any cheaper here.