Ear Candy...

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Shameless self promotion. I did this show at Farm Aid 6 - right in between Bryan Adams and John Mellencamp. I'm not in that career anymore but I like to share the music that helped me find my life's purpose!!! By far not my best song so I can't call it ear candy...but Easter Seals got a lot of money for that single so that makes me happy.
https://youtu.be/dXNf-VV6ZZ8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Very cool!

You still playin' now and then?

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Very cool!

You still playin' now and then?

Not really - once a year I do a show at the Doc's for July 4 - Bc of him I'm still walking. My spinal cord was tethered and he freed it!! I do however write and record all the music for SpringThunderTV, Midwest Whitetail, and Chasing November!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
OUCH.

That sounds painful...

I have a small collection of guitars and one of these days I need to pick them back up. No talent but, I love the art!

When I was a kid, I always loved Fender products. My dad bought me a nasty acoustic "second" from a guitar factory in Germany. The neck was horribly warped and the action was about half an inch high. As a beginner, it was unplayable.

In school, a guy had a Squire he loaned it to me for the weekend. I fell in love with it. Later, for some reason, I bought a walnut SG. Didn't feel right the whole time I owned it.

Years later, I decided to find a Strat and was in a guitar shop one day looking at a trade-in. It was a Malmsteen Strat with the scalloped frets. He said he would take any offer on the thing and I told him I couldn't afford this guitar and really shouldn't be in his shop. He kept badgering me to make him an offer. It was three weeks from Christmas and as my wife walked in, I said, "Honey... you wanna get me this for Christmas?" $300 bucks later, we were out of there with a tweed case included. That started the collection.

I met a guy at a swap meet and he wanted the SG bad. About six months later he called and asked if I'd swap for a Strat. I said, "Sure!" This is what he swapped for! Its the sweetest guitar ever made....

I bought another American Strat in the dark using car headlights to look at it. A perfect guitar from a guy who buys and sells Strats as a hobby.

I also bought one in a driving rainstorm at a Dominos Pizza store.

All total, I have in all four, barely what a new American Strat would run but they all have different personalities. I hang them on the wall just to admire them. I am their custodian right now. Someday, they will move on to another player...

Attachments

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Holly Williams, Tiny Desk Concert...

Drinkin'
Railroads
Waiting On June

The last one is her best, and her 2013 album, The Highway, is one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/3h8Y3cZi66Y

Her Father is Hank Williams Jr, her Grandfather was Hank Williams, she has that lonesome Williams sound....

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, September 14, 1967.

https://youtu.be/Pr4A2k6jFQk

One month later during a performance at Gammon Gym, Hampden Sydney College, Tammi collapsed into Marvin's arms.

Diagnosed with brain cancer, she would die two years later...

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Take a close look at the cover art on Sara Evan's album "Slow Me Down"...
The clock reads 3:12,
the album release date? March 12...3/12...!