EA Grapple on its way!

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
Did you get your grapple? I ordered the same one just got the email it is out for shipping!!! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
Did you get your grapple? I ordered the same one just got the email it is out for shipping!!! Can’t wait!

I received shipping information as well. In route with estimated arrival in Rochester on 3/6 but we’re having a major snow event so all bets are off.

I gust cleared approximately 12” of very heavy wet snow with the B2650 and it’s still coming down. A bucket is not the optimum attachment for that kind of snow.

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
I received shipping information as well. In route with estimated arrival in Rochester on 3/6 but we’re having a major snow event so all bets are off.

I gust cleared approximately 12” of very heavy wet snow with the B2650 and it’s still coming down. A bucket is not the optimum attachment for that kind of snow.

Yuck! We didn’t get any significant snow in Indiana this year. I just kept the driveway pad cleared a/ a shovel and never worried about the 600’ of gravel. Nothing 4x4 couldn’t drive through.

We are supposed to remain fairly dry. Grapple to come Monday! Hopefully I’ll have it out this coming weekend! Lots of work to do before the poison ivy starts to come out. Hate that stuff!

Koopster

Equipment
2015 BX 25D
Jun 9, 2015
Heart's Content
I just ordered pallet forks and a box blade for my BX25 from EA. I see a lot of people getting grapples, but I don’t know what I would use one for since I don’t have a big wood lot. Maybe I’m missing someone here eh?

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
I live on 10.5 wooded acres and have a lot to clean up still from clearing some of the lot to build and four wheeler trails to make. Also have two close friends w/ hunting properties I help maintain each are 150+ acres. That doesn’t include an 80 acre hunting property my father owns in Michigan that I’m sure I’ll be taking it up there to clear some new roads. Between all of that I’m sure I’ll get $ back out of her!

Had a skid steer w/ a grapple for a month during clearing for our house. Had to take it back and still needed to finish a few more trees by hand. It was at that moment I realized I could no longer live with out a grapple. Even if it was to clean up one decent sized tree! [emoji23]

Koopster

Equipment
2015 BX 25D
Jun 9, 2015
Heart's Content
I live on 10.5 wooded acres and have a lot to clean up still from clearing some of the lot to build and four wheeler trails to make. Also have two close friends w/ hunting properties I help maintain each are 150+ acres. That doesn’t include an 80 acre hunting property my father owns in Michigan that I’m sure I’ll be taking it up there to clear some new roads. Between all of that I’m sure I’ll get $ back out of her!

Had a skid steer w/ a grapple for a month during clearing for our house. Had to take it back and still needed to finish a few more trees by hand. It was at that moment I realized I could no longer live with out a grapple. Even if it was to clean up one decent sized tree! [emoji23]

Thanks Duck Dog. I did not realize they were good for that, o thought they were just good for grabbing stuff of the ground and hauling it away. Sounds like it would be good for keeping side of the walking trails I look after cleaned up as well.

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
You'll be happy with it. Build quality is great. I have used and abused mine for about 120hrs now and its held up to everything I've put it through; I've logged about 20 acres of post forest fire burn areas. I've moved boulders around for landscaping. I've also used it as a ground clear and prep for seeding.

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
what had you guys going with the Wicked Root Grapple instead of the Wicked Root Rake Grapple...? consider the Land Pride SGC's ?

I'm asking because I am looking for a grapple for my L4060 and am deciding between:

Land Pride:
SGC1060 - weighs 351 lbs.
SGC1560 - seems heavy at 784 lbs.

EA:
Wicked Grapple - not sure of the long bottom teeth
Wicked Root Rake Grapple -
EA Xtreme Root Rake Grapple - like the looks of this one...?

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
what had you guys going with the Wicked Root Grapple instead of the Wicked Root Rake Grapple...? consider the Land Pride SGC's ?

I'm asking because I am looking for a grapple for my L4060 and am deciding between:

Land Pride:

EA:
My usage is or will be to move tree trimmings from years past that I’ve pushed into hedge rows to large piles to burn. I have 60 acres, about 30 of which is wooded with another 5 or so that I went nuts planting trees on twenty years ago that I maintain. I see very little “raking” and a lot of getting under to cradle so for my purposes the long teeth will, I think/hope will work the best.

Regards,
Gregg

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA

Land Pride:

EA:

I prefer to be able to get under the objects and lift them instead of pushing into the object and pinching it. I think the Bucket style grapple will lift heavier objects easier and safer. Especially if they are odd shapes.

There is also enough tilt to use the long bottom teeth to scrape debris like guys talk with the root rake. I think it’s all personal preference on how you want to do the job.

With an L4060 you won’t be as concerned with the weight of the grapple. For me w/ my B2650 I have to take that into consideration. The SC1060 is far too heavy and would loose more lift capacity than I do with the EA.

kclark

Feb 16, 2018
North Carolina
I should take delivery of a L4701 next week. It was delivered to the dealer and they are now installing 3rd function, rear remotes, etc.

I will be getting a grapple and I'm torn between the new 60" Wicked Root Rake and the Double Lid Wicked Root Grapple.

I like the Rake for of course raking to clean up but like the double lid for odd sizes. Although the new 60" Root Rake is absolutely Wicked looking.