Dump Trailer

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
All I have to add about PJ vs Load Trail trailers, I have a Load Trail 5x8 5k single axle dumper trailer, and a 3 year old PJ 18' beavertail car hauler.
The Load Trail by 3 years old had less of its original "powder coat" black paint job remaining than rusty steel. The paint started peeling off within the first year. Terrible powder coat job.
The PJ at now 3 years old has barely a rust spot showing.
The powder coating is holding up well on the PJ I've had for about 3 years too, despite having to use it in the winter when there's salt on the roads. Given how poorly PJ trailers are made I'm expecting it to fall apart at any moment. :rolleyes:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
mcmxl… It was one of the reviewers (linked)… who stated his PJ used undersized 5” rams instead of the 6” ram he specified on his order. I don’t that makes much difference…except that it implied PJ doesn’t meet the specification in his case.

The video which you linked is one of a confused owner who admits repeatedly he doesn’t know what he’s talking about…and further blames ALL trailer mfr’s as making “junk”. He’s hardly a worthwhile testimonial…so I guess YOU are correct in one regard …. online searches can produce just about any result one might be seeking.
The difference is I was not seeking a particular result. I also was not criticizing your choice of trailer. I was speaking from personal observation (which you implied was a fabrication by me) that the PJ and LOAD Trail trailers are different in many ways ….and that I was informed by trailer-dealers as to the place of manufacture. Those are factual statements …which you find offensive because the PJ trailers I saw …and which you NEVER saw…. were of lesser quality construction than the Load Trails I inspected.
Sorry you feel the need to defend your choice so much that you denigrate not just the opinion of others… but also disparage the honesty of someone you don’t know.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
wow, I quikly scanned that guy's trailer review in blue type'..what got me is AFTER whining about this and that, he put 3000 MILES on the trailer ! If SO MUCH was obviously wrong, in the dealer's yard, WHY did he pay in full and take it home ??? As for the cylinder size, maybe ,just maybe, they only had 5" (regular item) and 6" would be a HUGE delay(maybe custom built or shipped from China ??)
As for the powder coating, I understand there's 'good,better,best' products...but I've never seen 'good' on any trailer that comes around my neck of the woods,let alone better or best. seems one the powder coat (plastic) gets knicked or cut or scrapped, water gets underneath and then destroys the steel, only a matter of time.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I agree Greensvillejay… powder-coat is just like paint…. if the metal isn’t properly prepared either type coating will fail quickly. (It ‘s my experience that catalyzed polyurethane paints are much like powder-coating without the need for baking and can be exceptionally durable. I’ve operated airplanes with polyurethane that was amazing stuff and difficult to damage. We left a dixie-cup of it in the hangar one day from some touch-up jobs we were doing…. and the next day it had solidified into a hard cylinder of plastic which acted like a “super-ball” toy we had as kids.. it would energetically bounce if thrown against the concrete….but absolutely no harm to it would result. I kept it as a paper-weight for years. The point being that a hard plastic coating …either paint or powder coat can be good…but only if the metal is clean, dry, and properly prepared/etched etc first.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Their construction is similar but the PJs are made on either C-channel or rect-tubing )(depending on model) and the Load Trails are built on I-beams.
So you state emphatically that PJ trailers aren't built on I-beam frames and yet many are. Right, you don't have an agenda.

(And they have a preference for straight ram lift systems and use undersized rams.).
So rather than make the point that one person supposedly ordered a trailer with a 6" cylinder but got a 5" cylinder you state that PJ uses undersized rams. Right, and you don't have an agenda. Show me on PJs website where selecting the size of the ram is even an option. So you assume the person that stated he ordered a bigger cylinder was being honest or even knowledgeable. You can't provide any evidence that PJ cylinders are undersized even though you state they are (based on a post by someone you don't know), so now show me where 6" cylinders are an option. Here's a link to make it easy for you.

Trailer Options - PJ Trailers

not just the opinion of others… but also disparage the honesty of someone you don’t know.
If you presented your posts as opinion rather than statements of fact I'd have no problem but that's not what you do. Read what you posted. A 2-year-old can see your posts for what they are. Ignorant and lazy at best, and duplicitous at worst.

I could care less what you think about anything because I have no respect for someone that tries to pass off opinion as fact with the objective to intentionally mislead others. I do care about integrity and honesty and in my opinion, you're lacking in both.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I stated what I personally observed on the PJ trailers offered for sale in Marble Falls Texas across from the Kubota dealer. I‘ve got no obligation to “prove” anything to you.

I’m glad. to read you “could care less” …as that leaves a smidgen of hope for you…. but I COULD NOT care less about your blind-sided acrimonious bull sheit. Either get back onto your meds or Go find someone else to attack like an aggressive idiot.

I’ll be one who ignores you.