Draft control M5660 SUHD

Ted1

Sep 14, 2017
Pa
I bought one of these tractors which I really like. However, it does not have draft control which I knew when I bought it. Now of course I wish I had it. Is there any way to add it to this tractor if done by the dealer? Thanks for your time.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Why do you need it? Just asking. Most of what draft control does can be done by listening to your tractor. Unless you are doing a great deal of say, plowing.

Ted1

Sep 14, 2017
Pa
Think it would be helpful in plowing where the ground is not perfectly level. Plows don't seem to stay at same depth .

BigG

Equipment
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Think it would be helpful in plowing where the ground is not perfectly level. Plows don't seem to stay at same depth .
Which tractor do you have? Was it an option when you bought the tractor? Sorry I was looking at your profile and it did not show which tractor.

I do not see draft control in the brochure as an option.

Last edited:

BigG

Equipment
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
How big of plow are you using? Is there an adjustment on the plow to set it level? If not you might try to lengthen the right side of the 3 ph so the plow is a little more aggressive. The bad part is it will reduce your fuel economy.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You cannot add it because the draft sensing is linkage and vlaving plus the top 3 ph mount is not stationary, it moves and requires a stop block to actuate. Retrofitting would entail a complete PTO end replacement because the PTO cover is part of the draft sensing components.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Which tractor do you have? Was it an option when you bought the tractor? Sorry I was looking at your profile and it did not show which tractor.

I do not see draft control in the brochure as an option.
Lack of mention in the sales brochure is not determinitive.

Not certain about the M5660 but draft control is optional on the GL6060 and similar models.

Try the build it site to find out about the 5660.

That said, the draft control system on the smaller Kubota models is a bit of a Rube Goldberg and you will likely find it more trouble than it is worth.

SDT