Down the rabbit hole of comparing tractors that have a cab.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I stopped by the dealer this afternoon to pick up a gallon of engine coolant and they had an MX5400HSTC on the lot ready to be delivered to a lucky customer. I wondered if the cab was installed by the dealer but they told me the cab models come pre-assembled.

I got to sit in the cab and for the first time really take it all in and look at all the features and I LOVE IT! I've added a lot of options such as armrests, air ride seat, outside mirrors, draft control, three rear remotes, 3rd function, CD/radio, rear work ligths, rear wiper, rear defrost and probably some more that I can't remember but I'm impressed by the cab. The only thing I wish it had was a vinyl headliner rather than carpeted but it's not a big deal. I was kind of excited about the new MX on order but now I'm really excited.

Most of the smaller cabbed tractors don't look right to me in that the cab looks too big for the chassis. I think the MX models are most of the way there to looking right. Still not as good as the M series but most of the way there.

There was a new L4060 (a new model from Kubota?) I think next to the MX and it had the back hoe that my MX would take so I got to check out that beast too, and it's a beast for sure.

mx5400_cab_02.jpg

mx5400_cab_01.jpg

back_hoe.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Time for a bit of an update. The cab and chassis along with just about every other part/upgrade ordered are at the dealer and we're just waiting on the FEL. The cab top is damaged so it'll be replaced before delivery. I stopped by the dealer today and noticed that the wheel weights have shown up but the tires and bucket are AWOL! :oops:

mx6000hstc_01.jpg

mx6000hstc_02.jpg

wheel_weights.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I think there are many features on tractors that we can't imagine having and frankly don't miss because we've never experienced them. Unless you've driven an HST Plus it's not something that you think about on an HST. I'm perfectly happy with the HST on the MX as well as all of the controls. I started out with a BX without a quick hitch but once I bought one there was no way I'd go without on the MX.

I think a cab is something that we might never have experienced with a tractor, but we've all driven cars and trucks that give us a/c, heat, comfort etc. so it's much easier to imagine and miss the benefits that a cab offers. I'm rambling but I hope I'm making some sense.

I should add that the MX is an awesome tractor that has exceeded my expectations in every way possible and it's almost the perfect tractor for me and my property, but I do think that the cabbed model would have been a better choice. I remember that it was a 5400 cab model on the lot when I bought mine and that played into my deciding against it at the time. I bought the MX before the price increase so didn't want to wait for something to show up.
Have you considered a canopy with a soft cab for about $2k. To install on your current MX?

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks for the suggestion but I don' t see myself ever going in that direction, particularly since a nice factory cab is available.

The MX6000 with cab is a done deal for sure. The only thing to decide now is whether or not I sell the current MX or keep it with the idea to eventually get the backhoe for it. If I keep it I might complete the canopy project I planned on doing. I bought a used golf cart canopy for it in the summer, but once I committed to buying the cab model I decided not complete various projects for my current MX.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Thanks for the suggestion but I don' t see myself ever going in that direction, particularly since a nice factory cab is available.

The MX6000 with cab is a done deal for sure. The only thing to decide now is whether or not I sell the current MX or keep it with the idea to eventually get the backhoe for it. If I keep it I might complete the canopy project I planned on doing. I bought a used golf cart canopy for it in the summer, but once I committed to buying the cab model I decided not complete various projects for my current MX.
Factory cab is SO nice. I financed my L6060 over 5 years 0% so that $8000 cab cost me $133 a month. I appreciate it every time I go outside in the winter.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Factory cab is SO nice. I financed my L6060 over 5 years 0% so that $8000 cab cost me $133 a month. I appreciate it every time I go outside in the winter.
The L6060 is the ultimate tractor for sure before stepping up to the M series. I hope I never sit in one again! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user