DOs and DON'Ts WITH A BX2360

MXBX

New member

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
153
0
0
Maryland
I'm enjoying my new (to me) tractor and would like to keep it in good working condition. I've read that these SCUTs are work horses but also read here and there cautions. Are there any experts out there that can enumerate the things I should avoid doing in order to protect my investment. Safety concerns are also welcome. Thanks!
 

ipz2222

Active member

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
1,927
34
38
chickamauga ga usa
The biggest thing is to get the trans cooler fan protection shield. It's like a skid plate, some guys make their own or they are available from Bro-Tech or BX expanded.
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,478
11,266
113
Sandpoint, ID
DON"T roll it over, they don't run well with the wheels up! ;)

Keep loader loads low and slow especially on hills, keep a hand on the loader control and if it becomes unstable drop the loader for instant stability! :cool:
 

MXBX

New member

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
153
0
0
Maryland
I took down a barn a few weeks ago and recently installed BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar. The barn was unused for a decade and had a lot of bamboo growing up through it. So with my new tooth bar I went at it pulling up concrete and gouging out most of the bamboo roots. Then I used the heel of the bucket to smooth out the soil. I gave the tractor a real work out and was wondering if maybe I should not push her so hard.

I definitely intend to get the under armor to protect her belly and appreciate the wise advice re: bucket awareness.

Thanks guys!
 

cerlawson

New member

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
1,067
6
0
PORTAGE, WI
Seeing the post of tractors used for demolition brings up an experience. Driving around where there can be trash or places where nails can be found, it sure is a pain to have a flat, especially if the tire has been filled with calcium chloride solution for weight purposes.

Using a bucket for lifting stuff, as lumber or tall stuff, be aware that there have been instances where parts of the load come back over the top edge and then spilled on the tractor and driver. Watch the bucket tilt vs horizontal increase as the load goes up.
 

skeets

Well-known member

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
15,965
5,690
113
SW Pa
DONT push limbs out of the way with your hand and get your arm caught in between the limb and ROPs:eek:
 

MXBX

New member

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
153
0
0
Maryland
DONT push limbs out of the way with your hand and get your arm caught in between the limb and ROPs:eek:
It's so funny that you mentioned that. All day today, in 90 degree heat, I walked the property with my giant loppers cutting everything I could reach. It's a never ending battle, of course, but I made some significant progress.