Dogs In First Snow

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Wife just stated the other night, " this is the first time in 20 years we don't have a dog on Christmas day". It will be a sad morning, she loves dumping a bag of tennis balls on the floor and watching the labs chase them and try to get all 12 in their mouth.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
When I was stationed in Japan, we had a Sheltie that LOVED snow.

This was in Misawa, way north on the main island, directly east of the border between North Korea and Russia (which is why we were there...) SERIOUS winters there.

We would open the back door and Candy would get a running start in the hallway, launch herself off the back stoop and all you would see is a wave of moving snow until she reappeared. Looked like snow moles!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
A guy I worked with that lived in Denver had a Husky that would cry to go sleep outdoors in winter. He'd burrow under the snow and disappear all night until they would call him in the morning. His head would pop up with a crazy smile and he'd run to the back porch and shake off.

What would our world be like without these wonderful "wolves that don't bite?"

:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My old beagle gyp, would walk in to the snow, and I swear she was the only female dog that I ever saw that would raise her leg to wizz in the snow. I mentioned that to the OL and she said would you want to squat in a snowbank? I thought good point