Does this look right?

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Thanks again guys. No idea as to the history. It does have a Ritchie Bros. sticker on it, so may have been part of an earlier auction. A lot of these machines went for a smokin’ good deal out of the Northeast Maryland RB auction a short while back. Someone may have gotten what they needed out of it and are now selling it for a profit. As far as prices go, I’ve been tracking them on Ritchie Bros. and a couple others. My bid was $1500 less than the “buy it now” price, and I just got outbid. Seriously considering just buying it outright. My research says it’s worth at least 15K, and I’d be paying well under that.

I'd guess someone bought it at a Ritchie auction, and flipped it for instant profit. Or it has major issues with the trans or engine. Although it looked pretty good, despite the mismatched tires which screams "Poorly maintained and cared for!". If I were you I'd be grateful that you didn't get it.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
When I sold my BX - on an auction site - a guy messaged me about 45 minutes after it went up, offered me full price, would I accept it now. Didn't come look, didn't ask lots of questions.

I said to him "obviously I priced it too low". He said no, it's about the price they go for. Problem is that he thinks about them too long, and someone else buys them. If you have lots of time to think about it, then it's priced too high. Unfortunately, you'll need to jump faster if you like the look of a machine.

There's not too much that can go wrong with a BX that costs a huge amount of money. They're tough, they're fixable.

Sure, it could have a totally blown engine or transmission. But that could also happen the day after you buy a machine too I guess. And I don't see a lot of them in that state. Sounds like there was video of it running. You'll need to move faster next time.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hi all,

Looking to buy my first tractor, and the Kubota bx23s is one of the finalists. I'm about to bid on an auction item, and would like a knowledgeable soul to chime in on a couple pics. Does all of this look right? It almost makes it look like a freeze plug is missing, but likely just how these machines are. Also, does that PTO shaft look about right? A little rusty, especially given it's a 2021 machine. Another tractor showed a u-joint and short shaft hanging there, but I imagine that would be problematic if someone were to engage the PTO with that hanging there. Looks like turf tires on the rear, with a more industrial tread on the front. Any reason why that might be an issue? Drivetrain biding due to different circumferences? Looks like the dent on the hood is cosmetic; any guesses what might have caused this? (the tractor does have a canopy, perhaps when the ROPS is folded it contacts there? The teeth have been removed from the backhoe bucket. Doesn't look like they're too expensive to replace. Any reason why this might not be a straightforward tooth replacement? I've never bought something (expensive) sight unseen before but there's more than 100 pictures and videos to put my mind at ease. Plus, the local market in Colorado is rough. Thanks for the advice!

View attachment 98560

View attachment 98558 View attachment 98559

View attachment 98557
Buy a lottery ticket before hand. Your odds of finding a winner sight unseen are about the same.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I must be a really lucky guy.... I've bought 11 or 12 tractors,as well as a combine ( I needed it for the one acre...) just by pictures, never test drove them,all have been better than expected. heck I never tested my BX23S at the dealer.
Today you can get LOTS of very hirez pictures from every angle, even video of them running/operating so it's easier to 'see' stuff.

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
The BX23 is, By Far, The Most common Kubota I've seen sold at auction in the last few months.
A lot of them are being unloaded by equipment rental outfits.

Machinery Trader shows 121 of them sold at auction in the last 2 years.
They're averaging about $14,000.

So, shop around.

-Paul

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I must be a really lucky guy.... I've bought 11 or 12 tractors,as well as a combine ( I needed it for the one acre...) just by pictures, never test drove them,all have been better than expected. heck I never tested my BX23S at the dealer.
Today you can get LOTS of very hirez pictures from every angle, even video of them running/operating so it's easier to 'see' stuff.
Like the ones from the african prince and russian GF?