Does anyone have a BXpanded backho trenching bucket?

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
And or the quick change out from bucket, bucket to trencher tooth? It looks to be a great size, and I have a couple of their other products, just looking for an opinion from someone who has used it

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I have the quick change and it is very convenient to go between the bucket and ripper. I have the trenching bucket on my wish list and look forward to hearing others experiences. Will buy one day when I need it as all I have purchased from BXpanded have been great.

old freddie

Equipment
B2920 with FEL, first choice GM30-60 finish mower, Kodiak 4'SD rotary cutter. Pi
Jul 6, 2016
Pisgah Forest, NC
do not want to sidetrack this thread but I picked up my new piranha yesterday and saw all of the backhoe buckets. The owner is a user and makes good looking stuff. He seems pretty honest, ask him what it can do. too bad I don't have a hoe otherwise I would have brought something else home too.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Keep in mind, each time it digs, it takes about 1/2 a spade full of dirt out. You will be digging for days.
I have the 8" Kubota bucket and it hold about one full spade full with each scoop. Handy for digging a hole for the wife to plant a bush but that is it. The 12" bucket is much more efficient (about three spade fulls with each scoop.
If I had to trench, I'd rent a ditch witch. 100' done in an hour Vs several days with a trenching bucket.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Keep in mind, each time it digs, it takes about 1/2 a spade full of dirt out. You will be digging for days.
I have the 8" Kubota bucket and it hold about one full spade full with each scoop. Handy for digging a hole for the wife to plant a bush but that is it. The 12" bucket is much more efficient (about three spade fulls with each scoop.
If I had to trench, I'd rent a ditch witch. 100' done in an hour Vs several days with a trenching bucket.

It may dig slower than a bigger or better piece of equipment, but when it's parked in my barn, I can dig anytime. Most things I could have done before I could hook up the trailer and make it to town! Had a buddy come over and help me with the trencher tooth, we buried 300' of electrical in a couple hours. Just thinking the trencher bucket might be real handy

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I have the quick change and it is very convenient to go between the bucket and ripper. I have the trenching bucket on my wish list and look forward to hearing others experiences. Will buy one day when I need it as all I have purchased from BXpanded have been great.

I have the Piranha and skid plate from BXpanded, and they are awesome. My concern is I have the Kubota Thumb on the hoe, and it's a real PITA to change from the bucket to the trencher tooth without a third hand. Do you have a thumb on your hoe?

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I have the BXpanded thumb but wouldn't think it would make a difference with the quick change. On the video it looks like the new thumb mounts like the factory version. With the quick change it is super easy and no extra hands needed. I go between the 12" bucket & ripper in a minute either way. I have a trench to do for my brother-in law so might get the bucket so it doesn't impact the soil as much. Also want the extended stabilizers as I have some hills at the lake to deal with. Check out the YouTube channel or how the product works or call Harry he is super helpful.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I just got an email reply back from BX, that the QD works no problem with the stick Kubota thumb. That's a major pain going from bucket to ripper, with the thumb attachment. It takes two hands to align, and one to put the pins in place. This QD looks like a great idea