Do you like your LAND PRIDE 48" Box blade?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The more i thought about the spring clip design, the more i was ok with it.
1) Its not like your on an off the tractor constantly to change the height of the shanks.
2) My dealer said he`s never had to replace any clips since he started selling this style.
3) If the clips wear at some point, they are certainly easily replaceable. Dealer hasn`t seen any wear yet.

I asked my dealer the same question you stated. He said the clip design is lasting longer than the previous design with the pin. He said they sell quite a few pins a year, but not the newer designed spring clips. I dont know, but i`ll be finding out how good or how long they last...lol.

And if you price a BB from other company`s, the LP was far cheaper, and made just as strong.
I was just concerned with losing the clips is all. Looked to me like they could bounce out.

When I got my BB I settled on the EA unit. Very heavy duty unit that was considerably less than the LP units at that time. I have no idea how the cost compares now.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it. The BB is a very useful attachment in any variety.

Reactions: 1 user

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I was just concerned with losing the clips is all. Looked to me like they could bounce out.

When I got my BB I settled on the EA unit. Very heavy duty unit that was considerably less than the LP units at that time. I have no idea how the cost compares now.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it. The BB is a very useful attachment in any variety.
DD,
Those Land Pride clips are very hard to get out. You have to squish them really tight to get them up out of the hole where they come out from. There is no way they`ll fall out, unless the person didn't get them snapped back into position properly. No way possible for them to bounce out either, they are under ALOT of spring tension. As hard as they come out, i dont see any issues where it will become a problem. I DO like the fact that the shanks will stay where you put them while your re-installing the clips! Very kool!

This LP BB should serve me very well. I have no plans on using it for any day to day business. Even if the clips where to ever become and issue, i would weld pin blocks on top of the main beam, and switch to the pin style system. I take my dealer seriously, when he said they`ve never had any issues, nore have they had to order any new clips for anyone. Now, if he is lying, which i doubt he is, it remains to be seen in the future for these spring clips with how they hold up. I think they`ll be fine. I did buy 4 extras just incase. I`d rather have them and not need them vs need them and not have them. They aren`t much money. Around $5 each.

Personally, i think Land Pride went with this type of design to save on the cost of the builds. When you have to pay for added material, time to process it, then a welder to add more material and work to the design, then add in the pins and hitch pin clips, that always drives up your time & production cost. I do like the fact that EA welds an extra protection plate on the leading edges of their box blades. Still not a deal breaker for me though. If i see any kind of wear in that area of mine, i`ll just weld on some extra metal like EA has done. I may just do that anyway, as i have plenty of scrap metal around the shop.

So here was the icing on the cake, so to speak.... ;)

The Land Pride BB1248 is 41lbs heavier than the EA LS48. I posted both products so you can see the differences. (this is not shipping weight either) Weight is pretty important in my opinion. The heavier it is, the better it can dig down.

As for price, EA wanted an extra upcharge to deliver it to my house. Dont quote me, but i think is was an additional $140 on top of the already $640 price of the box blade when i called them last month. Their FREE SHIPPING can be a little deceiving too. (free shipping within 1,000 miles!) I qualified for the free shipping if i wanted to drive 100 miles just to go pick the box up at the freight company where they would drop it off at, then 100 miles back home. This was not a economical choice in my opinion. By the time all said and done, i would have had to spend money on top of additional fuel used on the trip there and back. The Land Pride BB1248 made far more sense, economically, for me. They are BOTH great box blade`s, and BOTH will work great. Dollar wise, the LP was the final choice, for me. When you`re disabled, money becomes a deciding factor when you live on a very limited income.

Land Shark Subcompact Tractor Box Blade
Box Blades Designed For You

Efficiently Smooth and level impressive amounts of dirt with your tractor. The Land Shark Compact Tractor Box Blade is built to perfectly compliment your compact tractor without expensive extra features that could be overkill for your application. The durable clevis style hitch makes hooking up a breeze, and you will be grading in no time. This American made box blade has adjustable ripper shanks with replaceable tips. Use the front and rear mounted American made cutting edges to grade and level forward or reverse. For MAX wear resistance, extra plates of steel are welded to the leading edge of ALL EA box blades.

• Proudly Made in the USA!
  • Category 1 Quick Hitch Compatible.
  • Premium A572 Grade 50 Laser Cut Steel Construction.
  • 48 & 54 inch widths available.
  • Rated for subcompact tractors.
  • Dual 3/8" thick x 6" wide Valk American Made reversible and replaceable cutting edges.
  • High quality, easy adjustable ripper shanks measure 2-3/8" by 3/4" and 16-1/2" tall.
  • 48" weighs 275 lbs. 54" weighs 295 lbs.

Land Pride Spec Sheet:
1605719604739.png

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I`m not beating up on either company, they BOTH build great box`s! It just came down to the cost, for me.
Understood. I wasn't referring to the "land shark" series box blades. I got the EA extreme duty version.

You'll be pleased with your LP for sure.

countryboy9799

Equipment
BX2380
May 23, 2020
MN
At first the clips were a pain but I always carry a pliers on the tractor now as they are very hard to get out without the pliers.
My wife was complaining about the slippery wet hard pack snow/ice that was in front of our north facing 40x60 machine shed that we park cars in. Today we had temps in the mid 40's and took the box blade out and cut grooves in the ice along with bringing some gravel up to give some added traction. I didn't take a before pic but you can guess as to how slipper it was before I worked it up.

Attachments

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
At first the clips were a pain but I always carry a pliers on the tractor now as they are very hard to get out without the pliers.
My wife was complaining about the slippery wet hard pack snow/ice that was in front of our north facing 40x60 machine shed that we park cars in. Today we had temps in the mid 40's and took the box blade out and cut grooves in the ice along with bringing some gravel up to give some added traction. I didn't take a before pic but you can guess as to how slipper it was before I worked it up.
That`s a great idea breaking up the ice with the box blade, i hadn`t even thought of that till you mentioned it. I think the shanks would do the trick for our driveway because it gets so much ice built up thru the wintertime. Its hard on buckets and blades trying break up the ice for us where we live. Thank you for excellent post!

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I guess wifey an i are gonna see how good this box blade works. She`s got friday off and she wants to get on the tractor and do some work with it. She`s planning on finishing up our old driveway. Then we`ll top it off with a fresh coating of #2A lime stone on what she`s already done, and then call it good for this winter. We hope to have the new driveway completed by mid spring. We will still keep the old driveway open though.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
I guess wifey an i are gonna see how good this box blade works. She`s got friday off and she wants to get on the tractor and do some work with it. She`s planning on finishing up our old driveway. Then we`ll top it off with a fresh coating of #2A lime stone on what she`s already done, and then call it good for this winter. We hope to have the new driveway completed by mid spring. We will still keep the old driveway open though.
So, how is it going for you? Happy with the purchase?

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
So, how is it going for you? Happy with the purchase?
Hi River, how are you.... hope all is well my friend :)

Thank you for responding. It works as i expected, but now wishing i bought the 54 inch instead of the 48 inch. This 48 inch seems to work effortlessly, for me. So that is why i`m thinkin i should have gotten the 54 inch. But for now, i`m ok with it. I wouldnt say i`m the least bit upset with my purchase, it does work very well.

My dealer would have sold me a 54 inch for $25 more, if they had of had one in stock, but they didnt. And my dealer also said that the first of the year, expect a price increase all across the board with everything, so it was best to git while the gittin was good. Special ordering a 54 inch would have cost me alot more. So, i`m going to live with the 48 inch for awhile.

I`m going to be patient with the 48 and see how it works out in the springtime. I`ll be able to get it into different types of material later on and see how it goes from there. If i really feel i need the 54, i`ll go get one and just trade this one in, or sell it outright.

Thanks friend, stay safe out there!

Pleease

Equipment
BX1880
Dec 29, 2017
Erlanger, KY
I have the Landpride BB1548. It has done a lot of dirt work for me and I used it to dress up my driveway until I got a Piranha Tooth Bar. Now the BB1548 is exclusively used for dirt work. It is extremely stout and shows almost no wear after 7 years of work. I bought it new from my dealer for $700 OTD in 2013. It is a great product.
This is a really old post that I'm replying to, but worth a shot. I'm thinking of getting a box blade to work on a big lumpy field, and then sprucing up the gravel driveway going forward, but saw this and wondered how you use your Piranha Bar to work on yours. I've had a Piranha on my BX since day 1 - it's amazing for digging, clearing brush, etc.

Any info helpful - TIA.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
I bought a rear blade cheap at an auction for my lx2610.
20231129_082641~2.jpg

It was okay for snow but it just windowed it.
20230506_130350.jpg

I also used it to knock down a berm from my plow. Again it was okay.

I got on a box blade kit around Christmas........others must have too. They were going left and right on market place. I found an older HD kk for 400.00. I'm very happy with it. The 3 point hook up has extra support vs the new lighter ones, and the whole thing is heavier than the rear blade. I'm not a huge kk fan I'd never buy a brush hog or rear blade from them.......and a lot of other companies look exactly the same but a different color . I think this box blade is pretty decent thoigh. I use it for snow which really is nice to pull away from buildings. It can get filled pretty fast though. It's nice to drag the snow and dump it where I want it vs rolling it to the side.
20231226_123217.jpg

Both blades have their pros and cons but I'm looking at getting rid of the rear blade.

Whatever brand or size you get you won't be disappointed.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
This is a really old post that I'm replying to, but worth a shot. I'm thinking of getting a box blade to work on a big lumpy field, and then sprucing up the gravel driveway going forward, but saw this and wondered how you use your Piranha Bar to work on yours. I've had a Piranha on my BX since day 1 - it's amazing for digging, clearing brush, etc.

Any info helpful - TIA.
Okay, using the piranha bar to grade the driveway is something that I found should only be done after the driveway is dressed using the box blade. If you keep up with the dressing of the driveway with the piranha bar it becomes a once and every three or four month chore. I use the piranha bar by back dragging with the underside of the piranha bar and I find that it levels the driveway very well.
I don't let potholes develop before I trim up the driveway. I don't know how this would work on other than flat land. I suspect that something else would be better suited for anything other than flat land.