Do you buy yourself a Christmas present!

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
Unfortunately, no. There’s not a dealer with NC as part of their dedicated territory. Since I’m no dealer’s “territory” I am dealing with Northeast Implement (https://www.northeastimplement.com/farmi-winches). I have not put in the order yet, but thus far have found them to be very helpful, informative, and easy to deal with. They were nice enough to advise they’d had customers with Kubota’s that didn’t have the 3 point width to hook up the winch and suggested checking PTO height to ensure not too much offset. They were able to quote the winch’s dimensions instantly and it matched up well to the tractor dimensions. I kind of got the impression they weren’t intimately familiar with Kubota and didn’t quite know the difference between a L4701 and a LX. But they were intimately familiar with the winch and that’s all that mattered to me. About $5300 delivered to my door with a couple of chokers.
I was hoping Sink Tractor or others close to Lexington, NC would have a line on that brand.

DaTow'd

Equipment
what ever it takes to get the job done
Aug 13, 2013
Bella Coma BC Canada
My printer conked out after only 6 years of hard service
So I got another Canon all in one with the Mega tanks hope this one can take the load.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
On a 5 Stand it could be done, but with that shorty your not going hit a thing. They beat you with distance and speed as well as smaller size clays.
If you never shot one try it, great fun with double barrel.
This is true. At 18" it is far shorter than the traditional guns.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I took a Gemtech run suppressor class in Vegas back in 2014. It was a lot of fun. Nice suppressor choice.
I use a Gemtech “The One” suppressor & really like it. I have quick attaches on .22, .223, & .308.
I do not buy myself Christmas presents 😜. (My wife [who works for BassPro/Cabela’s] peruses this site now & then.)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I was hoping Sink Tractor or others close to Lexington, NC would have a line on that brand.
Mount Airy Equipment is a Wallenstein dealer. I have dealt with them in the past several times and have had nothing but good experience with them. They provided a quote on a FX85 with a pair of chokers (they came with it as part of the standard base package) and were happy to order it. They didn’t seem to know much about the winches specifically as the fellow I spoke to could recall selling only one in his ten years with them.

The Wallenstein FX85 and Farmi W50R appeared to be priced about the same based on my internet searching but for the actual quotes, the Farmi was about $1000 cheaper even adding on the chokers to make it match the Wallenstein base package. Based primarily on the feedback I got on my thread here plus a few YouTube videos, both looked like high quality units with happy owners. Nothing against Hudson but didn’t hear or see much of anything from folks who had direct experience running the Hudson. The FX85 and W50R are both rope pull clutch and both are steel cable so I’m thinking overall it’s a pretty fair apples to apples comparison on pricing. Haven’t seen anything negative on the FX85 but also haven’t seen any indication the FX85 is $1000 better than the Farmi.

The Hudson dealer here appeared to be an individual who maybe has some affiliation with the logging business. I’m not very clear on that other than it isn’t a dealership like a Mount Airy Equipment or Sink Farm Equipment.

Bought my T from Sink and my L from Riddle. Like them both despite them being quite different.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Since the boat sank, I don't have many shooters.
So I got myself one of these model kits... about as big as a boot box.
Screenshot_20231222_213730_Chrome.jpg

But, who am I kidding but myself.... I'll probably never actually build it.

My kids will sell it when I'm gone. But it will be a collectable.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
Mount Airy Equipment is a Wallenstein dealer. I have dealt with them in the past several times and have had nothing but good experience with them. They provided a quote on a FX85 with a pair of chokers (they came with it as part of the standard base package) and were happy to order it. They didn’t seem to know much about the winches specifically as the fellow I spoke to could recall selling only one in his ten years with them.

The Wallenstein FX85 and Farmi W50R appeared to be priced about the same based on my internet searching but for the actual quotes, the Farmi was about $1000 cheaper even adding on the chokers to make it match the Wallenstein base package. Based primarily on the feedback I got on my thread here plus a few YouTube videos, both looked like high quality units with happy owners. Nothing against Hudson but didn’t hear or see much of anything from folks who had direct experience running the Hudson. The FX85 and W50R are both rope pull clutch and both are steel cable so I’m thinking overall it’s a pretty fair apples to apples comparison on pricing. Haven’t seen anything negative on the FX85 but also haven’t seen any indication the FX85 is $1000 better than the Farmi.

The Hudson dealer here appeared to be an individual who maybe has some affiliation with the logging business. I’m not very clear on that other than it isn’t a dealership like a Mount Airy Equipment or Sink Farm Equipment.

Bought my T from Sink and my L from Riddle. Like them both despite them being quite different.
Thanks for comparison info and name of dealer. It is on my attachment want list for sure. Been looking for used logging winch but no luck so far.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
IMG_6674 2.jpg

Bought the Kubota a grill guard and chain bucket from Lown Performance for Christmas :D

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Nothing for the Kubota but I did buy a pair of boots I’ve been looking at for a while. 30% off Black Friday deal got me to pull the trigger. These will be my “nice” boots, as I won’t be doing any work in them.

Origin boots are hand made in Maine with as much of the material sourced from the US as possible. I forget the exact percentage but it’s something like 95-98% US sourced.
IMG_3345.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Thanks for comparison info and name of dealer. It is on my attachment want list for sure. Been looking for used logging winch but no luck so far.
Yeah, I had no luck on a used unit over the past year of looking; at least nothing in NC, VA, SC, GA, or TN. Kind of surprised there weren’t some in the mountain areas, but nothing. Good luck finding one.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wife and I are buying major renovation to our bathrooms. Likely January.

Unusual for us.

As a family we gave up on gift-giving several years ago. Kids are all grown. No grandchildren in the mix.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
My "spur of the moment" purchase. The gun is awesome and all, but this is my favorite. The wife has this winter scene set up on the fireplace mantle.
20231224_004457.jpg

It's cute n all. I thought it was missing something. So, while killing time waiting to meet a friend for lunch, I ran across these little trash pandas at a hobby store. I thought they would be a perfect addition to her carefully layed out winter wonderland. We shall see how long it takes her to notice.😄
20231224_004559.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I always take advantage of the 'sale' prices around Christmas time to buy things for myself. I usually have a list in mind of things that I want during the year, but don't need them right away, so I buy them in December if the price is right.