Diverter for hydraulic top link

ilnasty

Equipment
LX2610SUHSD, RTR1258, BB1260, RB1272, PFL1242, QH15
Mar 12, 2021
Missouri
So I am thinking of adding a hydraulic diverter to my curl function and running back to add a hydraulic top link to the 3PH. I found this kit that looks simple enough

am I missing anything aside from this kit, a hydraulic link, and the hoses to hook it up?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
just the $530 and shipping and taxes...I suppose....

curious am I ...
Have to ask , do you have to adjust your top link several times per use ,or just once at the beginning ?
I only have 2, 3ph implements( 5' tiller, 7' cultivator,the rest are SC style). EACH has a top link BOLTED to it, set ONCE. That way no 'nonsense' trying to get it adjusted right EVERYTIME I use them.

Seems to me you could buy a LOT of toplinks for $500 !

ilnasty

Equipment
LX2610SUHSD, RTR1258, BB1260, RB1272, PFL1242, QH15
Mar 12, 2021
Missouri

curious am I ...
Have to ask , do you have to adjust your top link several times per use ,or just once at the beginning ?
I only have 2, 3ph implements( 5' tiller, 7' cultivator,the rest are SC style). EACH has a top link BOLTED to it, set ONCE. That way no 'nonsense' trying to get it adjusted right EVERYTIME I use them.

I have a QH15, so just one top link used but I have the box blade, tiller, and rear blade

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
curious am I ...
Can not speak for the OP, but I can tell you I adjust my hydraulic top link A LOT when using my box blade.

Front down for cutting and filling the box, front up to drag the full box where I want to put it, next pass repeat...

Could not live without the hydraulic top link when using the box blade now...Hydraulic tilt is also useful, but I think for me the top link is most appreciated.

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Can not speak for the OP, but I can tell you I adjust my hydraulic top link A LOT when using my box blade
100% agree. I am CONSTANTLY fussing with the rear links to adjust them. The box blade works so well when it's dialed in for what you're doing, as does the rake. You could need it in 2 or 3 different modes in one pass. Fiddling with the rear links is a huge waste of time. With a nice rear set up, it's just a lever away.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.

curious am I ...

As you said, you have two 3pt implements which in your case, require a single adjustment and you are done. :cool:
Anyone that has grading implements, to get the optimum usage out of them, they require constant adjustments. How many and how often those adjustments are needed depends on the situation-circumstances at the time.

Pretty tough to beat having that capability at your finger tips and to be able to do them on the fly. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
For the money, I’d rather just have separate remote.

Reactions: 1 user

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
100% agree. I am CONSTANTLY fussing with the rear links to adjust them. The box blade works so well when it's dialed in for what you're doing, as does the rake. You could need it in 2 or 3 different modes in one pass. Fiddling with the rear links is a huge waste of time. With a nice rear set up, it's just a lever away.
Damn. Now you got me thinking.......this winter I found myself thinking about a hydraulic angle adjustment for the rear blade......as I blade snow from one side of the driveway to the other for drainage reasons so I need to flip the rear blade for each pass up or down the 500' drive. Not the end of the world but......

Anyone know what "kit" would I need to possibly do the angle (side to side) adjustment? I believe I saw GP Outdoors install one on the B2601, I'll have to go find that video.

I already have the 3rd function installed so maybe that complicates things.......

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Damn. Now you got me thinking.......this winter I found myself thinking about a hydraulic angle adjustment for the rear blade......as I blade snow from one side of the driveway to the other for drainage reasons so I need to flip the rear blade for each pass up or down the 500' drive. Not the end of the world but......

Anyone know what "kit" would I need to possibly do the angle (side to side) adjustment? I believe I saw GP Outdoors install one on the B2601, I'll have to go find that video.

I already have the 3rd function installed so maybe that complicates things.......

Shouldn't complicate it. if you have no rear remotes you can still install them even with a third function. I'm debating on adding hydraulic angle to my snow plow blade and thanks to this thread I think I need to find an appropriate cylinder for a new top link. I waste a lot of time adjusting mine with the BB on. if any of my fellow canadians have a line on some cylinders let me know!! princess auto has one on sale right now however its 20" at its shortest length which I am pretty sure is too long.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey

All the more reason to have top and tilt. If you get double rear valves installed, they'll control the rear links. For the rake angle, I run my rake control to the 3rd function. If your rake or blade is LP LR1660, the angle kit is LP 301-526A.

Buying the top-n-tilt kit from fit-rite will take all the guess work out of all the components needed for the rear links.

I use GP Outdoors videos for reference all the time too. It's like a tractor encyclopedia lol

Reactions: 2 users