Digital currency

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I have to confess that I do carry a small amount of cash in my wallet...just in case.

Today I got a prescription filled, and believe it or not, for the first time in my life, the cost was 97 cents! I happened to have a dollar in with the several 20s that I carry.

Decided not to confuse the guy at the pharmacy drive through, and just accepted my 3 cents change, rather than say keep it... figured that would confuse things so I kept my mouth shut...

Lost nearly 2 cents by paying cash. ROFL
Don't worry, soon your pennies will no longer be legal tender. The Canadian government took ours out of circulation. I imagine all coins under a dollar will soon be next...

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I hope pennys never go away. I can drill a 1/4" hole in them and make washers. Store bought washers cost 3 cents. ;)

Reactions: 1 users

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Reading through this thread has got me confused.

I think I'm missing the defined difference between 'digital currency' and 'online banking'.

IMO digital currency is bitcoin & the like, whereas online banking is paying bills from your living room, on your computer, without a bank teller's involvement.

I've never ventured into digital currency (yet) but I do a lot of online banking. Additionally, it seems that every online-capable account tries to eliminate paper statements ('paperless billing') as a cost-saving measure. Unfortunately I see a total transition to paperless billing as a way to lose the ability to maintain accurate financial records.

Finally, I notice that some of my online payment accounts want 'access' to my account so that they can 'go in' monthly and 'take' their owed payment; I avoid this type of transaction method (if & when possible) to keep better control of my pay-to accounts. Instead, I instruct my bank to transfer the necessary funds myself according to the monthly amount incurred in an effort to prevent unauthorized fund access.

I actually had my health care provider (an account which I am required to allow 'access') remove $10 USD from my account in what seemed to be a test of their account access. I had not been to the doctor in more than a year at the time I noticed this withdrawal so I couldn't associate the payment with any obvious service. I've still not figured that one out:unsure: