Dents on Brand New Loader?

BGTLS

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
May 1, 2022
Wisconsin
Hi everyone, I am new to tractor ownership and just purchased a BX1880 with a LA344s loader to maintain my property and do quite a bit of landscaping around my property. It will only be used for loader work and box blade work. I just picked it up yesterday in the rain and cleaned it up when I got home last night. After cleaning it up I noticed that there is a dent in one of the loader arms. It is right on the top radiused corner by the loader stand. I wish it was nicer yesterday and I would have noticed upon pick up but it was pouring rain when I picked it up and the tractor. The dent appears to have happened before paint was applied at the factory as the paint over the dent is perfect. I did contact my dealer about this who has been great through the whole sales process but unfortunately is an hour and half away but have not heard anything back yet, I am sure I will here back from him Monday. First is this dent something I should be worried about at all? If it is a concern what resolution should I be looking for from my dealer? If it was on a fender I would not be concerned but being on a loader arm I do not want any issues down the road. Thanks everyone. I look forward to learning more about these little tractors on this forum. Pictures attached but it was hard to capture with the shiny paint and being on the radius.
Tractor1.jpg
Tractor2.jpg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
One of those need to see in person as the picture isn't worth 100 words....
but it looks more 'cosmetic' than 'structural' ? Maybe compare to the other 'arm' to perhaps see what is wrong ?
as for dealer.. if structural, a new 'frame' piece would be a solution, if cosmetic, see if he'll do the 50hr inspection/fluids for free or 1/2 price. Don't be MAD, just ask nicely and you should come out OK.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I am not an expert but that portion of the loader is formed metal…hard to say if that is considered a defect or not. From picture it looks ‘not bad’, however I’d submit it back to dealer and ask they submit to the manufacturer and let them decide if an issue or not and then you at least have a record. I doubt they will replace your loader but should you ever have a Troy LE it’s documented. Most loader arms in the firmed metal have some deformations. I had some porosity in the frame of the loader on my MX and submitted just so it would be documented. If it’s an issue they should let you know.

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
It’s hard to tell from a zooming in pic, but I doubt that dent is structural.

Not ideal, but don’t think it’s reasonable to expect cosmetic perfection from a tractor. If you inspect the paint job as if it was a car, you’d be disappointed too.

All tractors look great brand new. Unless it’s a yard ornament, after a few weeks of use, you’ll see plenty of wear and dirt on it. If you’re unhappy with it, the solution was to detect it prior to delivery. At this point, I’d just let it be.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I am learning the hard way that Kubota attachments are going downhill lately. While the dent will weaken the arm very slightly, I think that we should take the position that we paid for quality. Ask if there was a small defect in your check.

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
Can’t say I have ever looked at my loader close enough to see anything like this.

As others have said, I’d send it in to the dealer just so there is a record of it in case there is an issue in the future. I doubt it will cause any degradation of the loader, but better to have a record of it.

BGTLS

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
May 1, 2022
Wisconsin
Thanks everyone for the responses and recommendations. I will let you know how it turns out. I know it is farm equipment and I will be using it to dig in the dirt and it will get scratched but I am really disappointed that I got the bad luck of the draw and ended up with a dented loader arm from the get go. I looked at a number of tractors john deere, kioti, yanmar, and kubota and decided that kubota was the best fit for what I needed and the dealer seemed to take me the most serious as a buyer but it was also the furthest dealer from my home. I do still think it was the right model tractor to go with from the bunch but I just am not happy with the example I received. I did get to check out the tractor before purchase but thanks to the market now a days the dealer had to wait for a loader to come in to put on it. I got to check out a loader on a BX23s at the dealer but I did not get to see my actual loader until I picked it up.

I am just disappointed in the tractor I guess, I waited over a year before pulling the pin on purchasing one and it is just leaving a little bad taste in my mouth. Not that it had to be perfect, my rear taillight lens looked like it was dragged along a brick wall and was cracked and grill guard had some major paint chips that could have easily been touched up, but I can live with those they are cosmetic only and are likely to happen with use but the dent in the loader arm is really bothering me. It is a lot easier to see in person and I would have picked up on it right away if the tractor had not been soaking wet and getting poured on when I picked it up. I had hoped they had it in a service bay when I got there to pick it up so I could check everything over but it was out in the gravel yard soaked and filthy from all the rain we have been having.

I am hoping that at the very least they document the dent and stand behind fixing it for the life of the tractor not just the two years of the warranty if it were ever to bend in that area. I also want to make sure that if I go to trade it in on a new tractor (maybe a b series or a bx with a backhoe) 5 or 10 years down the road that they will not give me grief or less trade in because it looks like the loader arm was bent or abused. I will let you know how it turns out. Unfortunately, I think quality in almost everything is a thing of the past, I may just have to learn to live with that fact, but it is still disappointing to me.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
That mark on the loader is nothing. Look closer on your machine. Im sure you could find a touch of rust here and there or a mark in the paint! I do understand how you feel about it but it looks like a non issue to me. If they take it back you might wait over a year for a new loader! Let me know how that tractor looks in a year! Enjoy!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: It's farm equipment for crying out loud.
yes, is SHOULD and NEEDS to be better built than the silly $$$ grocery getters people buy !

For sure ,look at similar machines at the dealership to decide if it's mechanical or cosmetic.

Reactions: 1 user

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I am just disappointed in the tractor I guess, I waited over a year before pulling the pin on but it is still disappointing to me.
I guess we can see why quality is dropping with all those that are defending mediocrity. 😞

Reactions: 2 users

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Although a small indentation on the loader arm is not likely to cause functional issues, it is a worrisome indication of a decline in quality from the factory.

Reactions: 3 users

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
BGTLS I don't think the dent will ever be a problem. In forty plus years of farming I have only bought two brand new tractors. One was in 2005 a JD 6603 and I wasn't impressed by fit and finish of it and I bought a new MX-6000 in 2021 and I wasn't impressed on the fit and finish on it either. The JD spent more time at the dealer the first thousand hours than on the farm. So far the MX- 6000 has had zero issues and I hope it stays that way. Just start using the tractor and forget about the dent. The tractor will get bruised up soon enough. Enjoy the new toy.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
One can't assume how the dent appeared on the arm. Could have happened sitting in shipping for months. Prolly was perfect at the start. Just Sayin

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
While the dent on the loader arm is purely cosmetic, it’s highly disappointing the OP has to deal with this issue on a brand new tractor. As others have stated, document the imperfection with your dealer/Kubota and move forward breaking in your new tractor.

My 2021 L2501 was virtually perfect when it arrived to my home, aside from some paint issues and surface rust in a couple areas.
However, within minutes of me hooking up my QH, I quickly scratched both my taillight housings since I didn’t have my top link adjusted correctly.

Although a small indentation on the loader arm is not likely to cause functional issues, it is a worrisome indication of a decline in quality from the factory.
I think this is the larger issue and it certainly isn’t just Kubota…it’s every brand in every market. Quality and quality control is becoming an enormous issue in the post-Covid manufacturing era. And considering the higher prices, it’s not right.

Mike

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I guess we can see why quality is dropping with all those that are defending mediocrity. 😞
You should have bought a Deere

Some people will always find something to whine about.

My neighbor bought a brand new Deere SCUT and the mower anti-scalp wheel fell off on the first weekend using it because of a poor cold lap weld on the bracket holding it.

A hard to see minor manufacturing dent on a budget utility tractor seems like a trivial complaint in comparison. Some people abuse their equipment they spent hard earned money on while others fret over dust marks on their garage ornaments. Can't please everyone I guess.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
You should have bought a Deere

Some people will always find something to whine about.

My neighbor bought a brand new Deere SCUT and the mower anti-scalp wheel fell off on the first weekend using it because of a poor cold lap weld on the bracket holding it.

A hard to see minor manufacturing dent on a budget utility tractor seems like a trivial complaint in comparison. Some people abuse their equipment they spent hard earned money on while others fret over dust marks on their garage ornaments. Can't please everyone I guess.
Today is the one year anniversary of my Kubota TLB, the backhoe still isn't right, as we speak one defective hose connecting to the tractor is peeing in a pan. But then I shouldn't fret or whine about it. I don't defend junk.