DEF or no DEF

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I never understood the 'date' nonsense. Was a real pain with receipts for company 5/6/22 can be taken as May 6th or 5th of June depending on what the store thought was 'right'.
I prefer year/month/day.... like hours/minutes/seconds.... logical and idiot proof.
Canada is mostly Metric ..until the cops want a bad guy.. then it's be on lookout for male, 6foot 2inches, weighs 210 pounds....

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
…..

Potential buyer now offering cash nearly what I paid for my M9960 in Dec 2015.
….
YOu’d have to take inflation into matters to consider what you paid in 2015 to be equal to the same dollar-amount today. (A buyer will be paying you with inflated dollars….not the same dollars.)

I’d be very happy to pay you a Twenty-dollar-bill for a $20-gold piece. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
YOu’d have to take inflation into matters to consider what you paid in 2015 to be equal to the same dollar-amount today. (A buyer will be paying you with inflated dollars….not the same dollars.)

I’d be very happy to pay you a Twenty-dollar-bill for a $20-gold piece. ;)
Of course.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
For only an acre that won’t likely require a huge amount of tractorin’, have you considered a smaller LX with a cab? 2610 if you don’t need a bunch of PTO power, or step up to the 3310 if needed.

Mower? I’ve got a little over two acres and mow 1.5 of them regularly. Replaced my big Husqvarna garden tractor (garbage) with a Toro Titan 60” ZT last year. Have been extremely happy with it, and can mow all my stuff in a shade under an hour without breaking a sweat. The MyRide suspension is absolutely worth the price unless your lawn is totally smooth.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
For only an acre that won’t likely require a huge amount of tractorin’, have you considered a smaller LX with a cab? 2610 if you don’t need a bunch of PTO power, or step up to the 3310 if needed.

Mower? I’ve got a little over two acres and mow 1.5 of them regularly. Replaced my big Husqvarna garden tractor (garbage) with a Toro Titan 60” ZT last year. Have been extremely happy with it, and can mow all my stuff in a shade under an hour without breaking a sweat. The MyRide suspension is absolutely worth the price unless your lawn is totally smooth.
Which is why I'm selling it along with my L6060, B3350, and, probably, B1750.

Will likely buy my very first ZTR.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Two Kubota price increases expected over a period of only 3 days?
Ouch!
I quit buying after the last one last January. Not that I can't afford, I would just personally feel stupid paying it. Luckily I'm the kind of guy that prefers old simple reliable tractors and trucks over new fluff anyway.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We obc
I quit buying after the last one last January. Not that I can't afford, I would just personally feel stupid paying it. Luckily I'm the kind of guy that prefers old simple reliable tractors and trucks over new fluff anyway.
We obviously think a lot alike.
I have a an 18 yr. old tractor, a 35 yr. old tractor and a 73 yr. old tractor.
I have 3 automobiles, with my newest being 10 years old.
All are in excellent condition.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
We obc

We obviously think a lot alike.
I have a an 18 yr. old tractor, a 35 yr. old tractor and a 73 yr. old tractor.
I have 3 automobiles, with my newest being 10 years old.
All are in excellent condition.
I'm currently looking for an old truck to restore. I'll keep my 2020 F150, but I want something old for an every day driver. I absolutely can't stand all the electronics in that 2020. Every time the windshield has dirt or mist on it, get messages that the collision cameras are dirty and can't see even though I have all that crap turned off. And all the other electronic fluff.
Give me something from the 60's or 70's with a nice big block and 4 barrel carb.
And a $58 water pump, not a $2500 water pump like my VW.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm currently looking for an old truck to restore. I'll keep my 2020 F150, but I want something old for an every day driver. I absolutely can't stand all the electronics in that 2020. Every time the windshield has dirt or mist on it, get messages that the collision cameras are dirty and can't see even though I have all that crap turned off. And all the other electronic fluff.
Give me something from the 60's or 70's with a nice big block and 4 barrel carb.
And a $58 water pump, not a $2500 water pump like my VW.
I bought a new F-250 in 1977.
I gave it away to my daughter 25 years ago.
She got divorced, and gave it to her brother.
He used it for 18 years, but needed it out of his garage.
He still owns it but,....it is now back in one of MY buildings.
4x4 four on the floor, but only with 300 six.
Now only 47 years old!
I would kinda like to see it gone,..... but it is not mine to sell!

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
I'm a big fan of fuel injection. Not all technology is bad.
We’re off topic, but the guts of the conversation have been picked over pretty well so I’ll join in!

While I can appreciate the simplicity of older, more mechanically oriented machinery, I absolutely prefer the way newer vehicles drive, run, and perform. Took me a while to warm up to it, but I kinda like modifying the tune that goes in my Tundra’s ECU on a laptop in my office and then writing the new file to the ECU while I sip my coffee in the driver’s seat. Yeah, I still have to physically install any new hardware, but the tuning is so precise and the level of control is amazing. Minor tweaks to the transmission and torque converter control made a massive difference with towing our RV and netted a substantial mileage gain. All through a little cord that plugs in under the dash…

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
We’re off topic, but the guts of the conversation have been picked over pretty well so I’ll join in!

While I can appreciate the simplicity of older, more mechanically oriented machinery, I absolutely prefer the way newer vehicles drive, run, and perform. Took me a while to warm up to it, but I kinda like modifying the tune that goes in my Tundra’s ECU on a laptop in my office and then writing the new file to the ECU while I sip my coffee in the driver’s seat. Yeah, I still have to physically install any new hardware, but the tuning is so precise and the level of control is amazing. Minor tweaks to the transmission and torque converter control made a massive difference with towing our RV and netted a substantial mileage gain. All through a little cord that plugs in under the dash…
Bingo.

Thread has gone far off topic.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
SDT, I hate to see anyone selling everything to move, and I dont know why the move, but I do wish you the very best. And MHO for a small plot a BX 2680 or what ever the latest BX is, would do just about everything you need,, but hell you all ready know that ;)

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
No small tractor style mower is a lawn mowing... "champion"
Don't feed the troll!! He's (again) pointing out that he thinks a BX is only good for lawn mowing.

If you're serious about lawn mowing you of course need an F series, not a ZTR.