Deck removal....Yep, and you guessed it....Another use for the backhoe!!!!!!!

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
The dude that installed the decks on my cottage was on crack, or drunk, or both.

It's like he had a box of miscellaneous screws and decided to build a deck in-between visits to Hunter Bidens dope dealer.

He must have traded his countersink for "a fix" one time, because all the screws were proud about 1/16" so whenever I tried to shovel the snow off, I would only get 6 inches before I hit another screw head.

The decks will all get replaced eventually but the front one was exceptionally bad, so it had to go first.

I tried to just unscrew it, but the D!psh!t that put it together used such sh!tty fasteners they were all corroded, with about 10 different styles of heads from Torx to flat blade.

The screw heads were just snapping off as i tried to remove them

So,

BREAK OUT THE BACKHOE!!!!!!!

Video is here if interested.

Happy 4th!!!!

Paul

1000003502.jpg

20230704_083654.jpg
20230704_084617.jpg
20230704_084627.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
I had the same issue when I demo'd our deck. I tried to be careful at first and save some boards, after about 10 boards the sawzall and the grapple were called into action. Happy 4th to you!

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The dude that installed the decks on my cottage was on crack, or drunk, or both.

It's like he had a box of miscellaneous screws and decided to build a deck in-between visits to Hunter Bidens dope dealer.

He must have traded his countersink for "a fix" one time, because all the screws were proud about 1/16" so whenever I tried to shovel the snow off, I would only get 6 inches before I hit another screw head.

The decks will all get replaced eventually but the front one was exceptionally bad, so it had to go first.

I tried to just unscrew it, but the D!psh!t that put it together used such sh!tty fasteners they were all corroded, with about 10 different styles of heads from Torx to flat blade.

The screw heads were just snapping off as i tried to remove them

So,

BREAK OUT THE BACKHOE!!!!!!!

Video is here if interested.

Happy 4th!!!!

Paul

View attachment 106501

View attachment 106503 View attachment 106504 View attachment 106505
How much do you pay your backhoe operator per hour?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
He did an outstanding job! Awesome!

Ditto on the "waste of money backhoe" attachment. Can I get an A-men?

Mine came in handy for deck destruction (and reconstruction as well). I skipped the sawzall and went right to the chainsaw and 20 yard dumpster.

Deck 1.JPG

Deck 2.JPG

Deck 4.JPG

Deck 3.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
If backhoing were a sport I believe this is what it would look like.

I’d want dirtydeed on my team.

In my head I hear Jim Nantz commentating in his best “The Master – A tradition unlike any other” voice.

View attachment 106518

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
This was great! I also love how you gave your junior operator the honor. He is going to have some great memories that will last a lifetime.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
If backhoing were a sport I believe this is what it would look like.

I’d want dirtydeed on my team.

In my head I hear Jim Nantz commentating in his best “The Master – A tradition unlike any other” voice.

View attachment 106518
hahahahaha,

well, maybe you'd want to reconsider just who your teammates are. This dolt had an issue just a few days ago while in the mini... 😆

Beast Mode Idiot.JPG

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
How much do you pay your backhoe operator per hour?
According to his mom, one 16 oz Mountain Dew and a bag of licorice is too much.......Hahahahahha

He did an outstanding job! Awesome!

Ditto on the "waste of money backhoe" attachment. Can I get an A-men?

Mine came in handy for deck destruction (and reconstruction as well). I skipped the sawzall and went right to the chainsaw and 20 yard dumpster.

View attachment 106518
Now that takes talent there!!!!!

Nice job (y)

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
hahahahaha,

well, maybe you'd want to reconsider just who your teammates are. This dolt had an issue just a few days ago while in the mini... 😆

View attachment 106534
DD, just remember "Scars are the tattoos of warriors"

I asked the surgeon who pinned my wrist to leave a "bad ass looking jagged scar" so I could make up knife fight stories.....he just shook his head and told me to count backwards from 100.....

Apparently they don't take requests, because I can barley see it now.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users