Decided on LX3310, but....

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
Ive had my Lx2610 for 2 years now with over 100 hours on it for 5 acres. My step father is a hard core farmer type and gives me all my advice. Hes the kinda guy that actually has a classic Tractor collection (1950's and older). He suggested the Lx2610 over the 3310 due mainly to the emissions of the diesels (and Im very surprised he even suggested a Kubota since hes an "American car" kinda guy".

Saying this, I wish I had gone with a bigger tractor for the many things I use it for. I cant imaging having this tractor with 40+ acres. I would love to have a bigger L series now with 30+ HP. I have 3 fields that I brush hog (Land pride) and I sure wish it was 2 feet wider. As it is now, it takes me forever to mow the 2.5 acres and at times just doesn't feel like it has the power to mow it as well as I would like. I have a lot of trees and heavy landscaping (Im on my 5th 10' x 10' burn pile this year alone with a grapple) and would love to have a chipper that can handle larger limbs.
What size brush hog do you use?

Velma

Equipment
B2301, FDR1660, RB1560, SGC0554, Pats QH, CMP Dethatcher
May 12, 2022
MI
I went with a rear finish mower. And I don’t regret it. The cut is amazing over my hilly lawn. But…it is ‘harder’ to use than a belly mower. It swings out wide, you need to have your head on a swivel in tight spaces. A MMM would be a more relaxed/mindless mow if that’s what you or spouse are looking for.

As mentioned benefits …
  • hookup is easy…PTO’s can always be a pain sometimes
  • Being able to lift it up out of the way is nice
  • Makes good rear ballast for loader work
  • No windrows, always one pass mowing
  • Mowing under trees and backing up over ditches is nice
  • Not covered in clippings after a mow, everything goes out back
  • Super easy change of blades and service while on the 3pt
  • The floating nature of the deck makes for a superb cut (think this is a draw with the LX decks as they also ride on gauge wheels)
  • The land pride rear mowers are very heavy duty…expect mine to last a lifetime.

Reactions: 1 user

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I really cannot add much as everyone said everything I was thinking of. I went 34 years blowing snow without a cab, it can be done but not ever again by me. We have weeds and dirt and not a whole lot of nice grass. You would be appalled at the dust cloud caused by mowing. I look at it sitting in my air conditioned cab listening to my classic rock. I take my tractor in the woods on my safe trails while collecting firewood, and save the non Cab approved trails for my 4 wheeler. No regrets here on the cab. And yes I also have a 3 pt rear finish mower. On and off in a few minutes. I hated putting my mmm on the old JD770 as much as I despised taking it off in the fall. You will not regret a cab. Yes, you will have to exercise a little caution.

Reactions: 1 user