deals when buying new

beekeeper

Sep 21, 2013
Nova Scotia , Canada
Hi , I am wondering what kind of deals that customers get when they buy a new kubota tractor ?
Do they haggle at all ? I was only interested because I am hoping to get a new L3800 with a FEL , But I want a set of 2000 lb rated forks for the QA loader.
They run around 650.00 apparently .

Could I ask to get them thrown in to seal the deal ??

Or is this too much to ask .

Ben

Killer RC

Equipment
1997 M4700DT
Sep 14, 2013
SW Ohio
Sure. Never hurts to ask. All they can do is say no.

Personally, I always buy used. Lotsa nice tractors on Craigslist.
I got a used 47hp M4700DT 4x4 with FEL for $6500. If I bought the same tractor new it'd be around $30k, plus tax ($32,100). Nooooo thanks. I'd rather pay off the house.

But whatever floats your boat.

cryptobrian

Sep 13, 2013
Maple Valley
Prior to making my recent purchase, I had seen suggestions that 10%-15% off of list was typical. I figured some folks haggle better than others, some dealers pinch the customer a little, some customer pinch the dealer a little. So right in the middle was probably "fair" and I don't like to haggle. So, I headed to the dealer and made a pretty straight forward offer of 12.5% off of list, suggesting this would be fair and allow us to focus on building a relationship for service, etc. without the discomfort of haggling. The dealer agreed and all was good.

Wildan

Equipment
L4240 HSTC &L3000DT
Sep 19, 2013
St.Lawrence Co.NY
I have purchased two new Kubotas.I am not the haggle type,I tell the salesmen to give your best price....If I like it I will buy.I looked at Deere and New Holland when I purchased my first Kubota.I feel I got the most tractor for the money I was willing to spend.Glad I did and have purchased two more Kubotas since.
Build your own on the Kubota website and look for 12-15 percent off or bargain for first service or additional implements.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I would go for it. If they will not do it, then ask them what they can do for you. You might get them to throw in some tire chains if you need them, or a rear work light. Some dealers will go right to the bottom price they will sell it for and not use the list price. Others will quote you list price plus other add-ons, then they give you a % off discount and tell how great of a deal they are giving you. In the end, the first dealer with the bottom line price and the one with the % off will be close to each other. In the end, you just have to decide what you are comfortable with. Good luck and I hope you get a good deal.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Sadly, you have to haggle to a certain extent and I HATE to haggle. I've bought four tractors from my dealer and I told the salesman every time how much I hated it, but when I walked away from his "absolute bottom dollar deal", he magically found a bit more wiggle room; same thing happened when I bought a new car a couple of months ago; hate it.

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I found it hard to haggle with the tractor dealers locally. But a few a good ride from me haggled over the phone but I opted for a dealer close enough for service. I was very close on buying a mahindra but the sales man was way over priced buy $400 on the thumb for the backhoe compared to another mahindra dealer so I made one last stop at Kubota Dealer and that deal was the fairest no extras I tried like heck for free rop lights and tire chains. In the end the cost was fair and local service/parts made up my mind to stay local.

beekeeper

Sep 21, 2013
Nova Scotia , Canada
I am not much of a haggler either, I know everyone needs to make money. But working @ a family business and becoming a commercial beekeeper isn't easy , so I need any help I can get.

I was hoping to get a set of forks with the machine, or even a little something, but nothing really was mentioned , other than the incentive the Big Wigs gave out for 500 dollars off a purchase when I was there at the demo day they had.

The expiration of the incentive is the end of September.

I always seem to take the first deal I am offered , because I feel bad asking for anything more LOL.

I'm not a tight wad , just money wise :)
Ben

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
The L3800 can lift 1000 lbs with the pallet forks by the way. But having 2000 lb forks means they are capable of lifting 2000 lbs I guess.

DanDan

Equipment
BX1860, L2600DT
Sep 21, 2012
SoCal
Just for the heck of it I was browsing around and found this tractor /backhoe/loader
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Kubota/4...9_7508121_/?ms=farm_equipment&showcpo=ShowCPO
:D
Are they any good for lifting 800 lbs?
I can't find info on the B1640a

Ben
If you are going to be shopping in the used market, you should bookmark tractordata.com...

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/2/6/1261-kubota-b1750-attachments.html

That loader will only lift 640# at the pin-- less than that on bucket forks.
However, if you took the backhoe off and put on the standard 3-point-hitch, you could lift 827#...

I think your instincts on the L3800 are right on (and I wouldn't rule out the L3200). trying to find one of those on the used market might drive you crazy- especially if you don't like to haggle :eek:

Killer RC

Equipment
1997 M4700DT
Sep 14, 2013
SW Ohio
I love haggling. I do my research and find out what I want and how much I'll pay before I even get to the dealership. If my offer is too low then they can keep their tractor and I can keep my money. A better deal will show up later.

I'm pretty sure most dealerships make the majority of their money from the service department anyway. My local dealership is backed up 3 weeks with repair jobs.