Dealer quotes on L3302 and L3902

steinbock_usa

Mar 24, 2024
Michigan
Hi First timer, recently received quotes for both the L3902 and L3302 come with Tire prices of $2500+, these seem to be industrial tires, why am I being charged for the tires? this doesn't happen with Automotive and other Tractor manufacturers such as LS, John Deere or Kioti. Can anyone explain why I should be paying so much for tires? Are there cheaper tire options?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Hi First timer, recently received quotes for both the L3902 and L3302 come with Tire prices of $2500+, these seem to be industrial tires, why am I being charged for the tires? this doesn't happen with Automotive and other Tractor manufacturers such as LS, John Deere or Kioti. Can anyone explain why I should be paying so much for tires? Are there cheaper tire options?
When I purchased my Kubota, the stock tires are R1, and the R4 (industrial) tires are considered as an up charge. These tires aren’t cheap, but you’ll likely not need to ever replace them. Before you buy, make sure you’re getting the best all around tire design for your purposes because to change you often need to also buy new wheels, since the R1, 3, 4, and 14 types often are different widths.

Reactions: 1 user

steinbock_usa

Mar 24, 2024
Michigan
When I purchased my Kubota, the stock tires are R1, and the R4 (industrial) tires are considered as an up charge. These tires aren’t cheap, but you’ll likely not need to ever replace them. Before you buy, make sure you’re getting the best all around tire design for your purposes because to change you often need to also buy new wheels, since the R1, 3, 4, and 14 types often are different widths.
Mine is residential use, I won't be doing any heavy duty, at max I would be using it for 100 hours a year, I certainly don't need industrial tires, understand they will last forever, but I have no use.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
The Kubota Build my Tractor website , for the standard L , 3902 at least, has a price added to the base price even for the R1 tires, $1678. R4's add $2572 to the base price.

I think this is just how Kubota prices it's tractors. I would guess the only way to know if you're actually paying that $2500 + over other brands you mentioned is to compare as close as you can, a competing model as the L3902 with other options being the same.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Mine is residential use, I won't be doing any heavy duty, at max I would be using it for 100 hours a year, I certainly don't need industrial tires, understand they will last forever, but I have no use.
Understand that R1 tires will tear up your grass a lot more than R4. I would only buy R1 if you will be primarily using your tractor in high traction situations such as ground engagement and snow. Otherwise for other general purposes the R4 or R14 may be a better fit for your needs.

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Turf tires are also offered which cost the least of the four tire options.
$1510 added to base price of tractor.

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
That would be the best as I have quite a bit of lawn, $1510 for all 4?
Yes, that is my understanding. Here is a link to the Build my Kubota tractor site.

Will you be adding a loader to the options? If so, and I think most would agree , the R4's or R14's make the most sense.

L3902HST

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I did want to mention that I would not get caught up in the "added" expense of tires that Kubota seems to charge compared to JD, LS, Kioti as you mentioned.

When I shopped for my compact tractor I narrowed it down to the Kubota HST L2501 and the comparable Kioti tractor. I expected and was told that Kioti offered a lower price by thousands of dollars. After the dust settled with getting solid quotes from both my local Kioti dealer and Kubota dealer , the Kubota was only $200 more than the Kioti, which at the time, was a very apples to apples comparison.

Reactions: 1 users

steinbock_usa

Mar 24, 2024
Michigan
I did want to mention that I would not get caught up in the "added" expense of tires that Kubota seems to charge compared to JD, LS, Kioti as you mentioned.

When I shopped for my compact tractor I narrowed it down to the Kubota HST L2501 and the comparable Kioti tractor. I expected and was told that Kioti offered a lower price by thousands of dollars. After the dust settled with getting solid quotes from both my local Kioti dealer and Kubota dealer , the Kubota was only $200 more than the Kioti, which at the time, was a very apples to apples comparison.
Thanks for this detailed explanation, I started with JD, then almost purchased LS MT235he, however had concerns with build quality and the hydraulics design, I didn't like JD price, way too expensive.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
That would be the best as I have quite a bit of lawn, $1510 for all 4?
Turf tires are good, but primarily for very specific lawn use.
I would personally prefer either the R4 or R14 tires, but then, I do not have a manicured lawn.