Danuser Intimdator modification

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
When Danuser fist came out with their tree puller design I thought it could me very useful. Grow trees like weeds on our mostly wooded farm.

The tines lock together with a tab and pocket for excavating. Problem is that pocket can get packed with dirt, gravel and wood enough to keep the tines from fully closing. Hammer and big screwdriver to clear. Newer models have different design to help eliminate this problem. Contacted Danuser and they said I could cut one side of the pocket to match their current design. So after many years of use I did.
IMG_2781.jpeg
IMG_2783.jpeg
IMG_2785.jpeg

Cleared the impaction. Two cuts with plasma cutter. A little grinding. Paint and done in 5 minutes.

Really enjoy using this tool over other methods. Age appropriate as we have gotten older. Pulled about 100 saplings and evasives in a couple of hours from flower beds, close to walls and building and roadways. 6’ black walnut has 6’ tap root best pulled after a good rain. Used the B26 for its maneuverability. If more it couldn’t lift or curl just a little forwards or backwards to get it started works. Pull, pile, then grab the pile to haul off. Other grapples have their place but aren’t good at plucking out trees.

Like most things prices have nearly doubled in a few years. Labor is nearly impossible to find or so distracted to be dangerous. So these kind of tools help us maintain our property. Over years cost very effective.
IMG_2621.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users