damit toplink!!!

socapots

Equipment
bx2360, Landpride box blade, FEL.
Nov 7, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Took some time off work today to get my new loader installed on the tractor, and hook up my boxblade.

loader went great. Found some fittings i need to retighten on the hydraulics. But overall it went well.

But when i put the boxblade on, damit if the toplink wasn't too long.
Unless i really did something wrong. Lol
still new to all this.
Now im thinking i did something wrong. Haha..
Please someone point out my error. Lol
Edit for pics. We all love pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Take your top link into Tractor Supply and buy a shorter one. They aren't very expensive...especially compared to the price of the attachments you just bought.

Simple solution and done.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
The BX needs a shorter than standard top link. Mine is 14 to 22 inches.

Bruce

socapots

Equipment
Nov 7, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
That's what i was figuring.
Pretty sure this was the shortest one princess auto had.
Oh well, on to the next store.
Thanks guys.

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Did you get your tractor from a dealer or used? When I got mine from the dealer they provided me with a TL.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
From the picture it appeared that perhaps the diagonal braces on the box could be bolted to the toplink hole, drawing the vertical bar back, and use the lower hole for the toplink. No joy after reading the LandPride manual.
Do yourself a favor now and just buy a separate toplink for each implement you routinely use. I really hated constantly adjusting mine, and the Kubota toplink design certainly did not help (locknut with no second wrench point). Now I have a hydraulic toplink, and I smile each time I use it!!!

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
If I was in your shoes I would get a Quick Hitch and make all my attachments compatable with the hitch. By using a QH it only takes seconds to hook up without breaking your back trying to move the implement an inch or so, simply back into it raise your lift arms up flip two levers and your done. I have five different implements and for some of them the only reason to get up off the seat is to hook up the PTO shaft. The one they sell at Peavy Mart has a much better top hook design and it's a lot cheaper than Princess Auto. Saying all this you still need a shorter top link. Hope this helps you. Barry

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Oh, one other issue I forgot to mention.

A new CAT 1 top link will likely have an attachment ball that is a bit too wide to fit onto the tractor side.

Just use a grinder to grind down the side of the ball until it fits. There is usually a lip around the hole in the ball for just that purpose.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-top-link-ball?cm_vc=-10005

Here is a search result that should give you an idea of what you want.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/adjustable%20top%20link

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
If I was in your shoes I would get a Quick Hitch and make all my attachments compatable with the hitch. By using a QH it only takes seconds to hook up without breaking your back trying to move the implement an inch or so, simply back into it raise your lift arms up flip two levers and your done. I have five different implements and for some of them the only reason to get up off the seat is to hook up the PTO shaft. The one they sell at Peavy Mart has a much better top hook design and it's a lot cheaper than Princess Auto. Saying all this you still need a shorter top link. Hope this helps you. Barry
This what I was going to suggest. I have the peavy mart quick hitch and bought a shorter top link there as well. I am finding that I have had to do some modifications to the attachments to get them to fit in the quick hitch. I have the blade box, snow blower, bush mower, rear blade all st up. Now I need to extend the PTO shaft on the tiller.

socapots

Equipment
Nov 7, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for the replys, local kubota place wanted 65 for a new short one. Says the center section is 11 inch. The one i have is like 16 i think.

I was looking at those quick hitches, but right now only have the one implement for the rear.
Maybe look into it more once i get more.

peavy mart is the one place i want to check out.

socapots

Equipment
Nov 7, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Finally figured out they have downloadable section of the catalogs. Any found no short link on it. Lol.
I'll either call or go for a drive. We've had Alf of rain these days anyways. To wet to do anything in the yard.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
If you really, REALLY want a shorter top link (and can weld) then just cut a section out of the current top link and weld it back together.

I did this trick because of an ill-fitting rototiller top link requirement and it works great.

Cautions:

> make sure the piece you cut out does not limit the thread adjustments. Figure out how far the threads go into the body, mark where the ends go to and only cut out that size section or smaller.

> the adjusting rod hole will likely be cut out. I just welded a nut on the side of the body and screwed in a long bolt to make the adjustment rod. It can easily be removed.

If you can't do it yourself, a welding shop should have no problem. Maybe even while you wait! It is an easy job.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I feel for you poor Canuks,, I love the country but it seems like when you want to go so some place or need something,, you cant get there from here.

socapots

Equipment
Nov 7, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
If you really, REALLY want a shorter top link (and can weld) then just cut a section out of the current top link and weld it back together be
Thought about this. But time to modify is worth more than the part. Lol.
I ended up buying one from the dealership.

I feel for you poor Canuks,, I love the country but it seems like when you want to go so some place or need something,, you cant get there from here.
it is odd how some things seem so hard to find. But damn the beer is good

Yet some of us wouldn't want to live in any other country?
Only place I'll ever move is somewhere that is summer all year. That won't happen till retirement.