Daily Chuckle

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Unfortunately, yes.
There were 27 techs in our group, and she was responsible for more damage, downtime, and inoperable splicers than all the others combined. (documented)
But one of Honeywell's biggest problems was management's inability to admit any mistakes.
They could not admit they made a mistake hiring her, so they kept her, no matter what.
Honeywell isn't the only company where that happens. I submit to you the name of Jeff Immelt. Biggest mistake GE ever made, and wow are they paying for it now.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Unfortunately, yes.
There were 27 techs in our group, and she was responsible for more damage, downtime, and inoperable splicers than all the others combined. (documented)
But one of Honeywell's biggest problems was management's inability to admit any mistakes.
They could not admit they made a mistake hiring her, so they kept her, no matter what.
I’m retired now, but company I worked for the past 33 years employees like that less than 5 years tenure were fired; over 5 years, “promoted” to some newly made up position to isolate the damage. Kind of the same principle as cooling everything around a structure fire to stop the spread while allowing the structure of origin to burn.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I’m retired now, but company I worked for the past 33 years employees like that less than 5 years tenure were fired; over 5 years, “promoted” to some newly made up position to isolate the damage. Kind of the same principle as cooling everything around a structure fire to stop the spread while allowing the structure of origin to burn.
Re: NCL4701...
They probably felt that they could not fire "her", because "she" would file a federal complaint for gender discrimination.
"cheaper to keep her".

Reactions: 1 users