Daily Chuckle

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
These lost in translations are still around the states. There's probably a name of a Chinese or Vietnamese restaurant near you with a questionable name.

Locally, we have the "Rong Chinese restaurant" that popped up several years ago.

It's still open, but any time I drive by, there are very few cars and don't know anyone who hase tried it. I have seen a delivery vehicle running around once or twice with their name on the little light up sign on the roof of the car.
I still remember the Chinese pilot’s name that collided with a US plane in the 90’s. Wang Wei, which was read by many news anchors as ‘Wong Way’. Jay Leno nearly fell out of his chair when he read it that way on the Tonight show. The joke was that his wingman was screaming at him telling him he was going the wrong way but ol’ Wang just thought the wingman was cheering for his flying skills.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
These lost in translations are still around the states. There's probably a name of a Chinese or Vietnamese restaurant near you with a questionable name.

Locally, we have the "Rong Chinese restaurant" that popped up several years ago.

It's still open, but any time I drive by, there are very few cars and don't know anyone who hase tried it. I have seen a delivery vehicle running around once or twice with their name on the little light up sign on the roof of the car.
I submit this creatively named book store:

bookstore.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Christie Brinkley, 69, ....WOW, just WOW
View attachment 97562
This one brought back an old memory.

“No matter how good she looks, right now there is a man somewhere tired of putting up with her sh#t.”

And one for the ladies….

(Insert picture of good looking man)

”No matter how good he looks, right now there is a woman somewhere tired of putting up with his sh#t.”

And to bring it to modern times…

(Insert picture of whatever)

”No matter how good IT looks, right now there is SOMETHING somewhere tired of putting up with ITS sh#t.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This one brought back an old memory.

“No matter how good she looks, right now there is a man somewhere tired of putting up with her sh#t.”

And one for the ladies….

(Insert picture of good looking man)

”No matter how good he looks, right now there is a woman somewhere tired of putting up with his sh#t.”

And to bring it to modern times…

(Insert picture of whatever)

”No matter how good IT looks, right now there is SOMETHING somewhere tired of putting up with ITS sh#t.”
That is not quite how the story.... REALLY goes!